East Elementary Parent Newsletter
April 2018 Edition
April is here and we are counting our blessings as we watch your children continue to grow and learn! It has been a wonderful year here at East and we are looking forward to a wonderful end to our school year. Please be sure to check out the dates below so that you can plan your calendar accordingly. We love having our parents here with us for our end of year events!
Thank you for allowing us the privilege of educating your children!
Melissa and Ashley
3rd Grade STAAR Parent Meeting and Lock-In
If you are in attendance at our meeting, you may then leave your child with us for a 3rd Grade Lock In. Students will be fed pizza, can be dropped off beginning at 5:45 p.m. and will need to be picked up at 8:45 p.m. For more information, you may access the note that was sent home by clicking here.
Our Spring Book Challenge - Meet Humphrey!
All students that submit their completed logs will earn a Reading Saves the Day spirit stick and families will be entered into a drawing for a Family Fun Basket which will include bowling passes, a Whataburger gift card, and the next book in the Humphrey series. One basket per grade level will be given away.
East Elementary Teacher of the Year for 2017-2018 - Alaina Hamilton
Our annual spring parent night was a HUGE success! Thank you so much for making it a priority to be here with us and to allow your students to share with you what they do here at school everyday. We had over 360 of our families here with us that night and all students and parents walked away with a spring reading challenge.
2018-2019 HISD Calendar
The 2018-2019 Calendar has been approved by the Board of Trustees. You can find the calendar by clicking here.
We are excited to share that our Hallsville UIL Elementary team came in 1st place at the Pine Tree meet on Saturday, March 24th! We are so proud of our coaches and our students! A banquet will be held in the near future to recognize students that participated and won awards in the district meet. We will share more information soon!
2018-2019 HISD Calendar
- April 4th - College Day
- April 5th - Kindergarten and 1st Grade Track Day and Kona Ice
- April 6th - 2nd and 3rd Grade Track Day and Kona Ice
- April 9th - All STAAR Groups begin for 3rd Grade ***More Info Coming Soon!
- April 10th - PTA Meeting
- April 13th - 3rd Grade STAAR Parent Meeting and Lock-In
- April 17th - Kindergarten Graduation Pictures
- April 20th - Third Grade Field Trip
- April 26th - First Grade Program
- April 27th - School Holiday
- May 3rd - College Day
- May 14th - 17th - Campus Closed to Outside Visitors for STAAR Testing
- May 14th - Math STAAR Testing for 3rd Grade
- May 15th - Reading STAAR Testing for 3rd Grade
- May 16th and 17th - STAAR Testing Make Up Days
- May 18th - Color Run
- May 22nd - Kindergarten Orientation at 6:00 p.m. for Incoming Kinder Students
- May 23rd and 24th - Wax Museum for 3rd Grade
- May 25th - Kindergarten Program and Graduation
- May 28th - Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31st - Class Parties and Awards
- May 31st - Last Day of School and Early Release