ARABIC 1 RECOVERY WEEK
REVIEW WEEK Starts Today (March 7-11)
This week you will review everything you learned from lesson 1-5 to catch up on all missed assignments to get ready for the MIDTERM exam DUE (3/18)
What assignments are included in the Midterm Exam? واجبات الامتحان النصفي Lessons 1-5
- Culture Corner Fun Facts Quiz
- Assignment 1.1 (Lesson 1 Writing assignment)
- Assignment 1.2 (Coaching Session)
- Assignment 1.3 (Listening & Speaking)
- End of Lesson 1 Quiz
- Assignment 2.1 (Greeting Custom- Discussion Board)
- Assignment 2.2 (Coaching Session)
- Assignment 2.3 (Lesson 2 Comprehension)
- Assignment 2.4 (Listening & Dictation)
- End of Lesson 2 Quizzes (Writing & Speaking)
- Assignment 3.1 (Arab Scientists- Discussion Board)
- Assignment 3.2 (Coaching Session)
- Assignment 3.3 (Lesson 3 Comprehension)
- Assignment 3.4 (Lesson 3 Writing)
- Assignment 3.5 (End of L. 3 Quizzes (Writing & Speaking)
- Assignment 4.1 ( Respecting Elderly-Discussion Board)
- Assignment 4.2 (Coaching Session)
- Assignment 4.3 (Speaking & Reading)
- Assignment 4.4 (Lesson 4 Writing)
- End of Lesson 4 Quiz
- Assignment 5.1: Dinner Table - Discussion Board
- Assignment 5.2: Writing
- Assignment 5.3: Coaching Session
- Assignment 5.4: Listening
- End of Lesson 5 Quiz
One of the many goals of Module 1 is to memorize how to recite the Arabic letters in order. This song will help you with that. Enjoy singing along!!
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISSED YOUR COACHING SESSION?
If you absolutely have to miss a language coaching session, please send a message to your coach ahead of time, so they won't be waiting for you! THEN:
- Check out the "Coaching Schedule" tab and see when your coach offers another session. if there is a time/day that works for you, perhaps with another coach.
- Let that coach know (via blackboard message, blackboard IM, or in the session) that you're making up a session.
- In order to be counted present, please let your main coach know what coach and what time you attended via e-mail inside BB (please copy me).
OR METHOD 2:*** (You are allowed this method TWICE a semester for emergency)
- Listen to your coach's archived session that you missed by following this path.
- Go to "My Language Coach" tab on navigation bar--> scroll down until you see your coach's name --> click the link UNDER the picture and find the date and time of the session that you have missed.
- If (for some reasons) your coach was unable to record anything or you can't find the session, you may listen to recording of another coach on the same date
- Listen to the whole archive.
- Then, E-MAIL your coach (copy me) with the date and time of the archived session and a brief summery of the content of the session
- Your coach will go back to the attendance sheet to change the status and I will give you credit for having attended a coaching session once I see you have accessed & listened to the archive.
**Method 2: You will not receive full credit for using method 2. You will have points taken off due to the fact that you are not participating during that session. All you are doing is listening, and not participating therefore points will be deducted. You will receive points instead of getting a 0% The highest grade you can get using method 2 is 80%**
**You should print out a copy of this document and use as a check-off list to ensure that you complete everything, thoroughly, and on time. This is only a schedule of the assignments that you are to complete.