SRES Family Newsletter for the week of January 18, 2021
NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY, 1/18/2021 ~ IN REMEMBRANCE OF MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.
NEW AM/PM HYBRID MODEL INFORMATION
Starting Tuesday, January 19, 2021, SRES will transition to an AM/PM Hybrid Model
Please note the following important information that we hope will help you plan and have a smooth transition.
- Students in Cohort A will follow the AM schedule and students in Cohort B will follow the PM schedule.
- Students will remain in the same cohort they have currently unless previously notified by our principal secretary confirming a change. Again, students who will be changing Cohorts from A to B or B to A have already been notified via email. It is our priority to maintain cohorts as much as possible for the health and safety of our students and staff. Please see the instructions below to check your student cohort in Aeries.
- Drop Off and Pick Up will remain the same. The main lot is for grades 3-6, the "bus loop is for grades 1-2, and the kinder parking lot is for grades TK-K.
- Thank you for always wearing face masks when dropping off and picking up students, even on the sidewalks. The campus will remain closed to visitors.
NUTRITION SERVICES DURING THE AM/PM HYBRID MODEL
- Please follow the schedule below to pick up "Take and Bake" lunches for AM/RVC and PM students.
- PM students will pick up breakfast and lunch to take home for the next day. Since these lunches may need to be heated at home.
- TK, K, and 1st grade, "Take and Bake" lunches will be delivered before the end of each session to classrooms.
- 2-6th grade students will pick up "Take and Bake" lunches from the multipurpose room door (as we have been doing).
VIEWING COHORT A (AM) / B (PM) - AERIES PARENT PORTAL
You can locate the hybrid group assignment for A (AM) or B (PM) in the Aeries Parent Portal starting at 5:00 p.m. today (Friday, January 15). To access this information follow these steps:
After logging in to the Aeries Parent Portal go to the Student Info tab,
select Demographics, and
find the Hybrid Group in the lower right-hand corner.
Here is a photo of the instructions as well: (how to find in AERIES)
RUSD Budget Meeting (Virtual) for SRES Parents and Teachers
Monday, Jan 25, 2021 – 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Hello Sunset Ranch families:
Rocklin Unified School District has important decisions coming up surrounding our school district’s budget. We rely on you, our valued families, to assist in decisions we make at our schools. We invite you to share your crucial insight in helping our District prioritize our budget spending.
We invite you to attend and participate in a “virtual” district budget meeting for parents and teachers on Monday, Jan 25 (6:00 – 7:00 pm). Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the meeting will be held via Zoom. A Rocklin Unified Trustee, as well as senior district leader, will be at the meeting to listen to your input and share important information about the RUSD budget. We want and need your input.
If you plan to attend, please click on the registration form link below. Once registered, you will receive a Zoom link emailed to you prior to the meeting along with some additional information.
Thank you for playing an important role in our school and our District as we move forward together. I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Melanie Patterson, Principal
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN (TK) AND KINDERGARTEN ROUND UP!
Kindergarten informational meetings for SRES will be held virtually via zoom on:
Tuesday, 01/26/21 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
TK informational meeting for all sites will be held virtually via zoom on:
Thursday, 01/28/21 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
To register for a meeting, please fill out the appropriate registration form on the links below:
For more registration information, please click here.
Get your 2020-2021 Yearbook TODAY!
The deadline to order is Friday, April 2, 2021, and we do not want you to miss out. We are making history in 2020-2021. #caring4coyotes
How to pick up a book from the SR Library
Log into Destiny by clicking the icon.
Books will be delivered to students in classrooms. RVC students can pick up books in the office M-F 7:50 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
TK-1st grade may check out 1 book at a time. 2nd-6th grade may check out 2 books. Books may be kept for 2 weeks. Contact Mrs. Bigley at email@example.com if you would like to renew your book after the due date.
Remember to bring with you any returns that you may have so you can check out new books. (Returned books will be quarantined for 4 days before they can be checked out again.)