News from the View!
Dedicated to furthering the lives of our students.
I am contacting you today to keep you updated, and aware of the work being done to further the lives of North View Middle School students. This month's update contains information on our school goals for instruction and achievement, activities used to meet those goals, and our progress toward meeting these goals. In this month’s issue you will be provided with:
- Information about our student expectations.
- Information about our Social Studies and English Leaner Program.
- A glimpse inside our school with fun photos of our school community in action.
- Ways to be Involved.
I hope you enjoy these updates and thank you for your attendance at our most recent conferences. Our school community is grateful for your support.
If you have any questions about this, or anything else related to North View Middle School, please connect with me here . You can also stay up to date by following me at @NVMSPrincipal or liking our Facebook page by clicking here.
Superintendent Strategic Planning Feedback
Every few years, our school district creates a strategic plan that serves as a road map for work to be done over the next 3-5 years. It describes our priorities and what we want to achieve as a school district. I am inviting you to participate in a parent/guardian input session because I believe your perspective will help the district develop the best plan possible. Parent/guardian voice is an important part of the plan development.
The session will last two hours on Monday, February 24, from 7-9 p.m., at the Educational Service Center. A light meal will be provided starting at 6:30 pm. Two consultants will facilitate group discussion about what your student’s ideal school experience would look like if the district were able to deliver the best possible experience. You don’t need to do any preparation before or homework after the session. Email me by clicking here if you would like to be involved.
*Please note that I can only send one parent representative from North View.
Student Expectations Reminder
In case you missed!
Unified Bowling Field Trip
Our Unified Advisory program is an opportunity for our students serviced by our Skills and Connect program to experience the advisory programming model in a more inclusive environment.
Orchestra Field Trip
Our Orchestra students were provided with an opportunity to show off their musical skills to Mall of America patrons.
Math Team Building
A collaborative group activity in Math classes was implemented after winter break to help students remember what positive group members bring to a collaborative classroom activity.
Unified Bowling Field Trip
Orchestra Field Trip
Thursday, Feb. 20th, 7-8pm
5869 69th Ave N Brooklyn Park MN 55429
Get Your NVMS Gear
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.
This is my sixth year serving as principal of North View Middle School. Before coming to North View, a large portion of my professional career has been spent with Osseo Area schools, six of which were spent working as the Assistant Principal of Osseo Senior High. Before that, I spent time as a Dean of Students for Richfield High School and middle school level Science teacher and behavior dean with the Minneapolis public school system.
While in Minneapolis, I spent five wonderful years teaching middle level Science at Lincoln Community School and Anishanabe Academy to sixth, seventh and eighth graders, and two years providing academic and behavioral support while working as dean. My past experiences have shaped my core beliefs and philosophy of education. For me, schools must be an integral part of the community they serve. They should also be focused on high expectations for all students, and through developmentally appropriate and strong instructional practices, give students the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to exceed these expectations.
If you would like to connect with me please click here. I would love to hear from you!