We Are Together Tamanend!
February 10, 2017
Throughout the year, Tamanend staff members look for examples of students showing Respect, Achievement, and Responsibility... R.oA.R. Those students are given "Tiger Tracks" tickets which students can enter into a drawing. Each Friday, Mr. Boyle draws one student's Tiger Track and announces the winner on our Tamanend Today Show. The winner can pick from a number of prizes including great coupons from Subway, Rita's, Randazzo's, Yogurt Tree, and Moe's!
The following students were recent weekly winners!
Tamanend Players Present...
Middle School Schedule Committee
CB Logo Design Contest
The district is redesigning our logo and website for a fresh, contemporary look and feel. We are holding a logo design contest open to all Central Bucks students, K-12. The winner will receive a $500 scholarship. The deadline is March 3rd at 8 a.m. You can read more here. Please send any questions to Brian Merrill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominate a TMS Student for Boomerang Recognition
CB Cares Educational Foundation recognizes and supports the students of Central Bucks School District for living by the 40 Developmental Assets. This month's asset is: Interpersonal Competence - Young person has empathy, sensitivity, and friendship skills. Young person cares about and is aware of other people’s feelings.
Anyone can nominate a Tamanend student. Parents/Guardians, grandparents, neighbors, siblings, friends... the more students nominated, the more there is to celebrate! Please click here to submit your Boomerang nomination. Nominations are due Friday, February 24th.
A Few Friendly Reminders
This coming Monday, we will go over the following reminders on our Tamanend Today Show. We ask that parents/guardians please review these with your student at home. Thank you for your support.
Backpacks: Students are reminded that they are to keep their backpacks in their lockers from the time they arrive to school until their dismissal.
Resource: We are fortunate to have 30 minutes at the end of each day for students to study, make up missed work from absences, get extra help from a teacher, read, or start projects or homework. Students are expected to report to Resource on time and use every minute wisely.
Fire Drills: We are required to have a fire drill each month, even during the cold months. Students should always dress appropriately for the weather, including shoe choice.
Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children must obtain background checks and clearances by July 1, 2016. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2016-2017 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that and another piece of photo ID to enter a CB school.
After signing up, the school needs to verify that all volunteer clearances are on file. Parents/guardians will be notified by the school if they are cleared and needed to chaperone. Thank you.
Dismissal Carrider Pickup
It is highly recommended that parents/guardians of students who walk or take the bus have their students walk or take the bus. When parents decide to pick up their student after school, the same pattern that we use for morning car riders applies to afternoon car riders.
- For your safety and the safety of our students, please follow these directions and do not drop your student off on Stuckert Road, the Visitor's Parking area, or in the middle of the Main Parking Area.
- The following is a mapping of how the student drop-off works in our parking lot. Drop off should only happen where the paw prints indicate on the map.
- The speed limit in our lot is 15 mph.
Thank you for your support and careful driving.
Quick & Easy Links:
- CBSD Mobile App - Students and parents can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Tamanend and CB.
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more
- Student Portal - Screencasted directions on how students can access a portal of their own
- Tamanend Daily Announcements
- Tamanend Procedures at a Glance
- Tamanend Dress Standards
- Tamanend Cell Phone Practices & Rules
- ICYMI - A collection of all previous Tamanend Connections newsletters
- 2016-2017 Tamanend Calendar
- Get Tiger Tweets!
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did this week.