April 4-8, 2016
THIS WEEK AT THE CREEK...
April 4: Lockdown and then Evacuation Drill @ 8:30am (if we can start sooner we will)
April 4: Faculty Meeting @ 3:15pm in Library: Dr. Waldrip to speak
April 4: Love and Logic Parent Classes in Spanish in DCE Library @ 5:00-6:30pm
April 5: PLC Planning Day: 3rd in AM and 5th in PM (bring Data....I will send email)
April 5: 5th Grade walking to North for Middle School Showcase in morning
April 5: 1st Grade Field Trip to Casa Manana
April 6: PLC Planning Day: Kinder in AM and 2nd in PM (bring Data)
**April 6: Write From the Beginning and Beyond Guest in classrooms 9:15-10:30am
April 6: DCE Interview Team Training @ Admin from 4:00 to 6:00pm
April 7: DLI Commitment Letters Due back to Admin
April 7: 3rd Grade Music Program @ 8:30am for school and 6:30pm for parents
April 8: Trail Days
April 8: 5th Grade Field Trip to the Perot
April 11: HTHT for 3rd Grade
April 11: A Hallway Pot Luck
April 11: North Counselors to talk with 5th Graders in DCE Library 1:30-2:30pm
April 11: Love and Logic Parent classes in Spanish 5:00-6:30pm in DCE Library
April 12: PLC Planning Day 1st in AM and 4th in PM (Bring Data)
**April 12: Coppell Education Foundation to present Star Awards @ 2:30pm in gym
April 13: Team Leader Meeting @ 3:15pm
April 14: PTO Board Meeting in DCE Library 9:30-10:15
April 14: 5th Grade Parent Meeting at North 6:00-7:00pm @ CMSN
April 15: Trail Days
April 15: Last Parent Learning Walk of the Year 7:50-10:00am
April 15: North Choir and Band to talk with 5th Graders during specials
**April 15: CANCELLED Spring PTO/DCE Social
April 16: Run to Fund!!
April 18: Earth Day Shoe Drive sponsered by DCE Student Counsel (more info to come)
April 18: Love and Logic Parent Classes in Spanish 5:00-6:30pm in DCE Library
April 19: Wedding Shower for Jessica Horner!
April 19: Dr. Waldrip to speak with PTO/Parents 6:30-7:30pm in DCE Library
April 20: DLI Advisory Committee Meeting 4:00-5:00pm in Admin
April 21: PTO Program Kid Safari (no details on times yet)
April 22: Trail Days
April 22: ALL SELF REFLECTIONS ARE DUE
April 25-29: Teacher Appreciation Week!
**April 25: CANCEL Data Day with Shannon
April 25: Vertical Team Meeting 3:15-4:15pm
April 25: Love and Logic Parent Classes in Spanish in DCE Library 5:00-6:30pm
April 26: HTHT for 5th grade
April 27: HTHT for 1st Grade
April 27: Debbie Kerrigan from Great Expectations on campus all day
April 27: SBDM Meeting 3:15-4:30pm in A100
April 28: Debbie Kerrigan from Great Expectations on campus all day
April 28: Author Chris Rumble Program (no details on times yet)
April 29: LAST DAY for Trail Days
2. As shared in the email on Friday, we do have a few things that are time sensitive and must be completed on Monday during our Faculty Meeting. Please be in the library as quickly as you can after your students are safely home.
3. As the district completes their curriculum audit, we are scheduled to have another guest on our campus Wednesday, April 6th. They will be going into classrooms to observe evidence of Write From the Beginning and Beyond. I was provided a time frame for this visitor and have shared that with you in the "dates" above.
4. Since I am meeting with teams for part of your PLC time, I am canceling the upcoming Data Day with me in April.
5. The PTO Spring Social is also cancelled. They are working on maybe doing a night at Urban Air. I think they are working to make the 28th of April work. As soon as I have more details I will pass along.
6. Remember that students should never be in a classroom by themselves. This is a safety concern. If you have questions concerning this please talk to either myself or Tricia.
7. The Eduphoria "people" are aware that the electronic signature feature is currently not working. I will send an email out as soon as it is fixed.
CELEBRATE...learners for their EXCELLENT behavior during testing! The learners were very respectful while moving from spot to spot! Remind them this is how we do it everyday!
CELEBRATE....Barbara our Testing Queen!!!! Thank you Barbara for all the countless hours you put into testing to ensure the days run smoothly and that everyone knows what to do!!
CELEBRATE...the DCE staff!!! Thank you for making sure learners are ready for testing! This begins in PreK! A special THANK YOU to all the educators who have been (and continue to) tutor before and after school to ensure those learners who need extra support are receiving it!
CELEBRATE...the entire DCE staff for your flexibility on testing days!! It really does "take a village"!!
April 7: Lisa Evans
April 14: Heather Chambers
April 14: Jeannie Tierney
April 20: Tammy Mandel
April 26: Nancy Neergaard
TEAM MEMBER OF THE WEEK!!
Team Member: Lindsey McCartney!!
Thank you Lindsey for the work you've done to ensure all of your parents are updated about their child's progress! This goes a long way in building strong relationships in the classroom and outside of the school building!
Team Member: Jeannie Tierney!!
Thank you Jeannie for all you do to keep the learners AND all of us healthy!! We so appreciate your patience and kindness whenever we come to see you about our "boo boos and questions"!! So blessed to have you as our RN!!!