Friday 9/23/22 - Kona Ice truck
- after school - bring your money!
Friday 9/23/22 - End of 1st Six Weeks
- Report card grades - end of 1st six weeks
Saturday 9/24/22 - Volleyball A Team Tournament
- 7th @ Wiley MS - 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:00 noon
- 8th @ RBMS - 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:00 noon
Monday 9/26/22 - Student Holiday
- Staff development / no school for students
Monday 9/26/22 - Leander HS Homecoming Parade and Community Pep Rally
- 6:15 p.m. click here for parade route and details
Tuesday 9/27/22 - Football game
- 7th grade vs. Leander MS @ RBMS
- 8th grade vs. Leander MS @ Bible Stadium
Wednesday 9/28/22 - Volleyball game
- 7th grade vs. Wiley MS @ RBMS
- 8th grade vs. Wiley MS @ WMS
Thursday 9/29/22 - Inquiry Academy: Celebration of Learning
- Join us for a celebration of learning. Students will share artifacts of their learning
- 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria
Thursday 9/29/22 - General PTA Meeting
- 6:30 p.m. in the Library
Spirit Days at RBMS
- Monday: RBMS Spirit Day - Wear some RBMS swag
- Tuesday:Tie Tuesday - Neck Tie / Tie Dye / Tie your shoes
- Friday: College /Military / Boot day - Wear you favorite college or military swag / Friday is always a good day for boots!
- Wednesday and Thursday themes will be decided soon!
LISD's Student Athlete of the Week
Running Brushy Middle School's Audrey Nguyen is this week's #1LISD Student Athlete of the Week!
“Audrey communicates in games with her teammates to make plays happen,” Running Brushy Coach Stephanie Cassidy said. “She encourages her teammates on the court so they feel encouraged and do their best. Audrey has a great competitive energy about her that is awesome for the team.”Read more: https://bit.ly/3QUXhFu
Destination Imagination Is Back!
PTA Reflections Arts Program
Our GSA is off to a great start this year! We meet every other Wednesday after school until 5:15 in the library. Our next few meetings are 9/28/2022, and 10/12/2022. If you have questions swing by and see Ms. Johnson in D417 or Mrs. Deckinga in A105.
Let's Learn with Bruce: Elections
In an effort to create educational awareness about the November ballot, Leander ISD is hosting a series of conversations. Superintendent Bruce Gearing, Ed.D., will lead a discussion about Propositions A & B over the next several weeks ahead of the November 8 election.
Due to sizable recent increases in property appraisals across our region, the district’s property values have reached a point that has triggered two elections: an Attendance Credit Election (ACE) and a Voter-Approval Tax Rate Election (VATRE).
We encourage the community at-large to learn more about these ballot issues during the following opportunities:
Friday, Sept. 30 – 8:00am at Hill Country Bible Church, Cedar Park
Wednesday, Oct. 5 – 12pm, virtual Zoom webinar (link coming soon
Wednesday, Oct. 19 – 6:30pm, Facebook LIVE
Friday, Oct. 21 – 12pm at LISD LEO Conference Center
Wednesday, Oct. 26 – 6:30pm, virtual Zoom webinar (link coming soon)
Please use this link Let’s Learn with Bruce: Elections to let us know you’re attending. While sign-up is not required, it helps us plan for how many participants to expect.
We have provided a number of Prop A & B resources as well as voting information.
Citizens' Facility Advisory Committee (CFAC) Subcommittee
Interested in having a voice in the district’s future? Consider applying to join the Citizens’ Facility Advisory Committee (CFAC). The district is seeking 200+ volunteers to serve on the following six subcommittees:
Learn more: https://bit.ly/3qe1WYe
House Bill 4545 (If your student did not meet the passing standard or was absent for a STAAR test last year, please read)
- Students who do not meet the passing standard on a STAAR assessment, or students who do not take an applicable STAAR assessment, are subject to accelerated instruction requirements as outlined in HB 4545. This includes grades 3–8 and STAAR End of Course assessments. Students will only take the STAAR assessment one time within the designated testing window.
- Per legislation, 30 hours of accelerated instruction must be provided for each STAAR assessment not passed or not taken. This may be completed during the school day or before/after school, depending on the campus schedule.
The tutoring offered for students under House Bill 4545 states that students are to be in a group of no more than three students per one tutor. Our district is asking you to waive the 3:1 tutor group size so we may flexibly meet your child’s needs in the most inclusive settings. Please note that if waiver is not provided, tutoring will likely need to be implemented either before or after school.
Please complete this Google Form to indicate your decisions for each student in your household to whom this permission would apply