Las Positas Updates
9/10/21 Volume 1 (6)
Happy Friday, Las Positas Lions~
Although it was a shorter week, it was a very busy week full of exciting learning opportunities. Students enjoyed practicing math as teachers made it fun and engaging. Students refined their reading and writing skills and honed in on their science and history understanding. Teachers continued their dialogue on how to make learning meaningful.
Our new counselor, Mr. Do, started off his lunch bunch group who were engaged and wanted to continue. Yay, Mr. Do!
During September, we emphasize the IB Learner Profile, the communicator.
How can parents help to develop students who are Communicators at home ?(by Natasha Marciano)
- Talk about the day's activities.
- Explore other forms of communication in addition to speaking.
- Talk with your child about the books you read together.
- Talk with your child about the TV programs and videos you watch together.
- Keep books, magazines, and other reading material where kids can reach them ~without help.
- Listen to your child when he/she talks with you.
- Ask questions about what they are saying, ask for explanations.
- Act out stories, plays, poems, use language in fun creative ways.
- Sing together.
Please, Complete your Data Confirmation
Please complete your data confirmation in Aeries. When you log into the parent (not student) aeries portal, there is a banner asking you to complete your data confirmation. It is imperative that you do this right away. It is verifying your information and is required every year.
Right now, only 25% of the families have done this. That means 75% of you have not confirmed that your information (especially your contacts) are current.
"Start with Hello" Week is coming soon~
- Start with Hello Week- Sept 20-24
- Monday- Wear Green- the color of life
- Tuesday- shirt w/positive messages
- Wednesday- Pajama day
- Thursday- crazy hat/hair day
- Friday- Spirit wear
Thank You for Bringing Your Children on Time.
- Thank you for your patience as we have a smoother flowing valet line
- We appreciate you leaving early to get your children here on time and picked up on time
- Parents, for your safety and safety of your children, stay in your cars and have your students enter/exit through the right side of your cars.
- 9/17- Drive Thru Ice Cream Social 5-6PM
- 9/20-24- Start With Hello Week
- 9/23- School Site Council/ELAC 1:15 PM