Horace Mann/Roosevelt Elementary
SPARTAN BULLETIN - December 2019
The mission of Horace Mann/Roosevelt Elementary School
Dates to Remember!
Dates to Remember:
December 2 PTA Meeting 6:15 p.m. HM Cafeteria
December 6 Science Museum Visit 10:00 a.m. at Horace Mann
December 10 Fine Arts Concert 6:30 p.m. Roosevelt Gym
December 11 Chimes/Choir Tour 8:40 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
December 20 Winter Break starts at the end of the School day
January 1 No School
January 2 School Resumes
Dear Parents & Students:
As we enter this holiday season, I wish you peace, joy and laughter. Enjoy your time with family and friends during the holidays. Winter break starts at the end of the day Friday December 20th.
After School Activities:
Thank to all who participated in the fall after school activities. Please keep an eye on your emails for winter after school activities start dates and sign ups. More to come after the first of the year.
We love having visitors for lunch but please remember if you are joining your child(ren) for the school lunch please call the office by 9:00a so we can get your lunch choice ordered. If you are bringing your own lunch you do not need to call. Thank you!
District Annual Report
As evidence of Fargo Public Schools’ commitment to our patrons, the FPS 2018-19 Annual Report is now available, and it showcases the qualities and services of our school district. The publication provides a wide array of information to familiarize families and the community with Fargo Public Schools. Report details include enrollment, staffing, and budget numbers, and overviews student services and student assessment data. Thank you for your continued support as we serve the citizens of Fargo by providing its students an excellent educational experience. Access the full document at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/AnnualReport.
State of the Schools Address & Public Focus Group
The Fargo Public Schools will hold the 2019-20 State of the Schools Address & Public Focus Group on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 from 6:00 to 8:15 p.m. at South High School, 1840 South 15th Avenue, Fargo. Parents, staff and community members are invited to participate and are encouraged to pre-register by 4:00 p.m. on December 18, 2020 by calling 701.446.1005 or signing up online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/focusgroup. Attendees will receive reading materials electronically in advance of the event. For more information, visit www.fargo.k12.nd.us/focusgroup.
Hello Northside Families. Welcome to the 2019 – 2020 school year. Please note that the Fargo North Booster Club is still in their yearly registration push. If you have not yet registered to become a member and would like to you can find more information on this page: https://www.fargo.k12.nd.us/site/default.aspx?PageID=1159
As a reminder, 2019-2020 activity passes for elementary students (allowing access into all Fargo Public School athletic events) will be available for purchase ($30) from Della Nystrom in the Fargo North office. We would love to see everyone out supporting our athletes and performers.
- The Boys open the season’s home schedule on Dec 13th as they host Davies at 7:30. The FM Acro team will be performing at halftime.
- The Boys will also host GF Red River at 4:30 on Dec 27th.
- The Girls open the season’s home schedule on Dec 13th as they host Davies at 5:45. The FM Acro team will be performing at halftime.
- The Girls will also host GF Centrla at 7:30 on Dec 17th.
- The Spartan Wrestlers will host Valley City on Dec 3rd at 7:00. They will also compete at the Rumble on the Red tourney at the Fargodome on Dec 27 and 28.
- The Spartans host Fargo Davies on Dec 3rd at 7:30.
- They also will host Devils Lake on Saturday Dec 7th at 3:15. The FNH Booster Club will be providing fans with free chili on this date.
- North-South hosts Dickinson on Saturday Dec 7th at 1:00. The FNH Booster Club will be providing fans with free chili on this date.
- Other home dates are: Dec 6, Dec 10, Dec 19 @ 7:30 and Dec 14 and Dec 21 @ 1:00.
BOYS SWIM & DIVE:
- The Spartans open up the season on Dec 17th at 5:30 as they host the Moorhead Spuds. They will also host the Spartan Pentathalon on Dec 21st at 12:00.
- The Spartacas Dance Team will be hosting their annual dance invite at Fargo North on Saturday December 7th. All are welcome and encouraged to come out and support the Spartacas.
- The FNH Debate team will compete in Grand Forks (Dec 7th) and Fargo South (Dec 13 & 14) this month.
- The Spartan Band will head to Valley City on Dec 5th to take part in the EDC Solo contest.
- The annual “Taste of the Season” variety show is set for Thursday Dec 12th at 6:30pm. The event includes the show as well as a silent auction with all proceeds going to a local family in need.
Follow Spartan Activities on Twitter @FargoNorthAD For the most accurate and complete calendar of Spartan activities please access our online calendar:
November After School Numbers:
Journalism Club = 24
Green Club = 12
Art Club = 57
Coding Club = 26
Board Game Club = 7
After School Gym = 91
TOTAL = 217