Express Yourself through Learning
12900 W. Little York Rd. Houston TX 77041
Volume 13 Issue 11
March 9, 2018
Thursday, March 22nd, 8am-2:15pm
12900 West Little York Road
Student pictures will be taken during their large group time.
5th and PK AM - 8:10 - 9:05 a.m.
3rd, Life Skills - 9:05 - 10:00 a.m.
4th - 10:00 - 10:55 a.m.
KG - 11:30 - 12:25 p.m.
1st - 12:25 - 1:20 p.m.
2nd and PK PM - 1:20 - 2:15 p.m.
Payment will be due when the pictures arrive.
Save the Date! STAAR Night
STAAR Night will be on Tuesday, March 20 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Fourth grade parents will hear all about the Writing STAAR in the cafeteria.
- Fifth grade parents will meet in the library to hear about the math, reading, and science STAAR. Fifth grade teachers will also talk about SSI for students who do not meet the passing expectations.
Electronic Device Policy
Dear Parents or Guardians,
In order to maintain an optimum testing environment for students, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) has determined that students are not permitted to have cell phones or personal electronic devices that allow internet access or have photographic capabilities during testing as the devices can disrupt the testing environment and be used to compromise the security and confidentiality of the test.
Electronic devices must be turned off and not be visible; therefore, students are not allowed to place or receive a cell phone call or text message during a test administration.
The district policy regarding cell phone use during the school day can be found on pages CC ‐ 46 & 47 of the Cypress‐Fairbanks ISD Student Code of Conduct handbook.
During the instructional school day, students are prohibited from using all telecommunication devices…. Such devices must not be visible and must remain turned off… Placing the cell phone into silent/vibrate mode and text messaging is not considered “turned off” and is prohibited.
If a student violates this CFISD policy, then his/her device will be confiscated and will be returned after an administrative fee is collected. District personnel will not assume responsibility for damaged, lost or stolen items.
Violation of this policy during any state assessment is considered cheating and will require the appropriate disciplinary action as described in the CFISD Student Code of Conduct handbook.
Violation of this policy during any state assessment such as, but not limited to, EOC, STAAR, TAKS, locally designed assessment, etc. prohibits an optimum testing environment and, therefore, may result in an invalid assessment.
Use of a cell phone or any other unapproved electronic device during the administration of these tests will be regarded as cheating, and the student’s test will be invalidated (test will not be scored) with appropriate disciplinary action to follow.
Additionally, secondary students will be asked to sign an honor statement before taking any version of the EOC, TAKS or TELPAS tests. The statement, shown below, will be printed on each student’s answer sheet, and students will be asked to sign it before testing begins.
Please discuss the importance of adhering to this policy with your child. If you have any questions or concerns, your campus counselor is available to assist you.
Superintendent Fun Run
Dr. Mark Henry and Cypress-Fairbanks ISD are excited to present the 5th annual Superintendent's Fun Run & Festival at Towne Lake, a Caldwell Community – Superheroes for Kids on Saturday, March 24th! The event is underwritten by Memorial Hermann-Cypress and benefits the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation. Click http://www.thecfef.org for more details on how you can make a difference in the lives of CFISD students through the CFEF!
The Fun Run & Festival has something for everyone including a variety of vendor booths, delicious food trucks, student performances, a children's play zone, a 1 mile run, a family path and a 5K Run/Walk! For sponsorship and vendor booth opportunities, please contact Leslie Francis at (281)894-3950.
Stick around after the race and enjoy the event! From food trucks, to vendor booths, to photo ops with mascots and superheroes, this event has many fun aspects. You can also take a tour of the Superhero Bus, watch performances by community groups, listen to Sawdust Road (live band), spend time in the children’s zone with bounce houses, a rock wall, a bungee run, go karts and much more! We even have a special area to watch your sidekicks get in on the race day fun! *Sidekicks, up to 4 years old.
During the week of March 26th – 30th, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students will be testing in writing, math and science. These tests assess students’ grade level progress. To ensure a successful testing day, please remember the following:
- It is important that your child be present on testing day. Please refrain from scheduling doctor or dentist appointments on this day.
- Students need to be in the building by 8:05 a.m.
- Please send your child to school with a jacket or sweater.
- There will be no morning tutorials for any grade level during the week.
- There will be no afternoon tutorials for any grade level during the week.
- There will be no art club, volleyball, basketball, choir or orchestra during the week.
- There will be no visitor lunch for any grade levels all week.
- There will be no lunch drop offs for any grade levels all week. Please send lunch with your child or allow them to purchase lunch in the cafeteria.
- All cell phones need to be turned off and left inside the student’s backpack per district policy.
There will be an altered lunch schedule on
Monday, March 26th
3rd Grade 12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
4th Grade 12:45 -1:15 p.m.
5th Grade 11:45 - 12:15 p.m.
Tuesday, March 27th
3rd Grade 12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
4th Grade 12:45 -1:15 p.m.
5th Grade 11:45 - 12:15 p.m.
Wednesday, March 28th
4th Grade 12:15-12:45 p.m.
5th Grade 12:45-1:15 p.m.
You can prepare your child for testing by helping them get a good night’s rest, eat a healthy breakfast, and sending them to school with encouragement and a positive attitude!
Kindergarten and PreKindergarten Registration for 2018-2019
Preregistration for 2018-2019 kindergarten classes will be held in all elementary schools on April 18, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Visit your campus website or contact your school for further information and specific times. If you plan to register your child after April 18th, please make an appointment with the campus registrar. For the 2018 - 2019 school year, children entering kindergarten for the first time must be five years old on or before September 1, 2018. Due to Texas state law on age requirements, no exceptions will be made.
Students currently enrolled in the district’s prekindergarten program are automatically registered for kindergarten. The student’s permanent folder, which contains the student’s birth certificate and immunization records, will be sent to the student’s home school for the kindergarten year. Therefore, there is no need for parents of current prekindergartners to attend the kindergarten preregistration.
The following documents are required when registering students for school in CFISD:
- a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics1 (see details below).
- a current immunization record2
- a government-issued, photo ID for the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- proof of residency3 (see details below).
- a social security card for each child, if available.
Proof of Residency: At the time of registration, parents will be asked to provide proof of residence dated within the last 30 days. Documents that are provided should reflect the parent/guardian's name and street address. If you are a homeowner, please be prepared to submit a current electric, gas, or water bill for proof of residency. If you are a lessee, please be prepared to submit your current lease agreement, along with a current light, gas, or water bill as proof of residency.
For additional information, please contact your child’s campus or check the district website https://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/registration/admissions-attendance-and-transfers/kindergar/
Lee Labrador Yearbook - Express Yourself Through Learning
You may purchase your 2017-2018 Lee Labrador Yearbook for
Soft Cover $20
Hard Cover $25
Use Yearbook ID Code 12147018\
Forms can be downloaded at
You may also submit pictures for the yearbook. If you have great photos of school, such as field day, we'd like to see them. Our photographers can't be everywhere, so help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific yearbook everyone will want to have.
To submit photos
1. Go to: https://community.lifetouch.com/
2. Enter access code: CEPBJF
3. Create an account by entering name, email address, and password.
4. After verifying your account, you may log in and upload photos.
It's that easy! Submit your photos today! Photos may be submitted through February 15, 2018. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the school year!
**The Yearbook Advisor will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions will be used.
WatchD.O.G.S. Signup Information
If you were not able to make it to our WatchD.O.G.S. Kick Off Event and would still like to volunteer to be a WatchD.O.G.S., please fill out the Google Form
WatchD.O.G.S. Blackout Dates Calendar
Lee Elementary Website
Check out the Lee Campus Website for more information at http://lee.cfisd.net/en.
You can find all kinds of helpful information, including links to
- school and grade level newsletters - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/news/newsletters/
- online calendar - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/news/calendar-grid/
- faculty web pages & email addresses - https://app.cfisd.net/urlcap/campus_list_144.html
- lunch, recess and large group schedules - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/schedules/lunch-schedule/
- school supply information - http://lee.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/back-school/s/
- spirit shirt order forms -http://lee.cfisd.net/en/news/school-flyers/
- library resources - http://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/academics/library-resources/
- access to student textbooks - http://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/academics/grades-hac/
Show your Labrador spirit every Friday by wearing a Labrador T-Shirt. New "Express Yourself Through Learning" themed shirts may be purchased for $10.
The order form can be printed and sent to school with payment with your child.