RHS Counseling Center News
December 2022 (Volume 1, Issue 4)
Counseling Center Highlights
- Mental Health Moment
- Did you know?
- College & Career Opportunities
- Community Service Opportunities
Did you know?
- FRESHMEN!! Field trip permission slips are due on Friday, December 2nd. You don't want to miss this event. Here is a digital copy if you can't find your paper copy.
- SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS!! Are you interested in Running Start or New Market Skill Center? Please complete this form to sign-up for information sessions and field trips in the Spring.
- SENIORS!! Winter Break is a great time to complete your Senior Project. Be sure to log in to the Class of 2023 Google Classroom to access the information you need.
- ALL STUDENTS are required to complete a High School and Beyond Plan. Please have your student log-in with their Skyward information and contact Ms. Memmott if you have having problems.
- ALL STUDENTS need to complete 25 service hours each year and it is required during their Senior year. There are a few ways to track hours: 1.You can submit them directly to the Google Form: https://forms.gle/7Arp9g7SrNuvqfJe7 2. You can save this Google Doc to your drive and keep a digital copy (great way to save your information for future job/college/scholarship applications): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CXswfyPPmq-6oYy1xJZ5rEw5aOSotGp62lL38JlIBE4/copy 3. You can print out the PDF and hang it on your fridge at home and keep a paper copy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HeKw63Dafx0WdqMMrU0GRluV5gLsL7H2/view?usp=sharing **All hours must be submitted through the Google Form by the end of each school year in order to receive high school credit.
College & Career Opportunities
- December 15th: The Department of Natural Resources will be here during lunch to talk with students about a job in the Fire Service
- College Admissions 101 hosted online by PLU
- Please pick up and fill out the Letter of Recommendation Student Involvement Sheet from the Counseling Center or fill out and share the digital form and turn in at least 1 week before your letters are due.
- Schedule a meeting to meet with Ms. Memmott about future plans...college, trade school, New Market, Running Start, etc. I would love to help you!
- Financial Aid for College: 2023-2024 FASFA and WAFSA opened on October 1st. Be sure to complete your application before the deadline for the programs you are planning to apply for.
- Tips for Parents for College applications, financial aid, etc. HERE
Current Service Opportunities
- Teens in Thurston (TnT) is a volunteer program at the Thurston Conservation District for local high school students. This group meets approximately once a month to participate in a variety of conservation and sustainability activities, learn from Conservation District staff and partners, and build community between students from a variety of backgrounds. email@example.com
- Rainier Education Foundation We need your help! Volunteers are the life-blood of our organization and we are always in need of many hands to accomplish our goals. We have lots of jobs, big & small, throughout the year. firstname.lastname@example.org
- We Love Rainier is a group of Rainier citizens and business owners who are collaborating to brighten the future of Rainier and contribute to the development and growth of a vibrant community. They host activities throughout the year and always need volunteers!
- Rainier Community Garden Is located here at Rainier High School and there are volunteer opportunities to help make this garden create a big impact on lives throughout the county. email@example.com
- Rainier Lion's Club
- Rotary Club of Yelm
- Rainier Eagles
Rainier High School Counseling Center
Lauren Memmott, M.Ed., LMHCA, Counselor
Kasey Yanusevich, Registrar