Staff Weekly Update
For the Week of May 4th, 2015
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week!
Enjoy getting spoiled this week! You all deserve it - each and every day!
Thank you, Teachers & Staff!!!
Calendar Items & Reminders
Mon. 5/4 - *ISTEP*
- 12:00 - 4:00 - Both Alison & Jen will be out this Monday PM. Therefore, Lisa Cox will be holding down the main office and Connie/Martha/Hailey will during any open times that they have! FYI!
- 3:00 - Staffing for SPED Student
Tues. 5/5 - ***NATIONAL TEACHER APPRECIATION DAY!!!!***
- PTO Lunch and Dessert for Staff today - enjoy! :-)
- KDG - 2 classes out for field trip to Dairy Barn
- 8:00 - Connie, Martha, Randee in meeting - Connie's office
- 8:10 - 504 Mtg - Biber/Skura, Cox - Lisa's office
- 9:30 - 11:30 - Elementary Principal's mtg - Connie/Martha -BME
- 11:00 - 1:30 - Kidz Art presentations during lunch times
- 1:30 - 3:30 - SPED Mtg - Conf. room
- 4:00 - District Discussion
Wed. 5/6 - *ISTEP*
- *NURSE APPRECIATION DAY!*
- Bike to School Day . . . SGE will not have a "formal/organized event" like we did last year, but rather, we have merely informed our families of this day & encouraged them to safely bike to SGE, if they would like for their child to participate. Thank you!
- 12:30 - Connie in lunch w/ student - Connie's office
- 1:30 - 2:30 - Connie/Martha in parent meeting
Thurs. 5/7 - *ISTEP*
- KDG - Last 2 classes out for field trip to Dairy Barn
- 2:30 - 3:30 - Connie in parent meeting - Connie's office
- 4:00 - Connie in parent meeting - conf. room.
Fri. 5/8 - *ISTEP*
- Payday Friday - Jeans!
- Staff Birthday Breakfast for MAY - hosted by 2nd Grade (Birthday Breakfast for June/July will be on May 22nd!) YUM!!!
- 8:15 - SPED ACR - Conf. room
- 7:00 - 8:30PM - Mother/Son Dance - "Beach Party" theme! Martha will be attending this event.
THURS. 5/7 - *SAVE THE DATE!*
You are welcome to get as many drinks as your body and bladder can handle within this 90 minute period! So . . . skip the Starbucks line on Thursday and instead, get your drinks at SGE! Get one for the morning and then feel free to get two, three, or four for the afternoon!
Congratulations to Leslie as our recipient for Teacher of the Year and Hailey as our recipient for Someone Special Award!
Welcome Back, Deidra Smith!
Nurse Appreciation Day is this Wednesday 5/6! Please be sure to give Hailey some extra TLC on this date - just like the TLC she gives our students each and every day!
Outdoor Recess Time!
Important Notes from Our School Treasurer!
Have you worked hard at a grant? Have you ever received a donation of any kind in your role as teacher? If so, please read the bullet points below . . .
- Any donations you receive through Donors Choose, ZEF Grants, other Grants, or donations of any kind must be reported to the Board of Trustees.
- When we receive donations such as Chrome Books, iPads, (technology)., IT needs to be notified at the same time as the Board, so they can pick up, tag, and return those items to SGE. The IT department will never be aware unless we signal to them of such donations.
- Ultimately, it is important to realize the Board accepts the gifts on behalf of ZCS, and they become the property of Zionsville Community Schools. So, you may ask, I do this work and get a grant or a Chromebook and it is the property of the school district? Yes.
- Always notify Connie, Martha, and Jen of such donations and/or grants/DonorsChoose items for pre-approval.
Custodial Needs? Feel Free to Call Kathy!
- Kathy's personal cell phone: 1-765-894-0606
- Sodexo cell phone: 1-317-590-3479 - Kathy has this phone during the day & Rose has this phone during the evening!
Here are our beautiful birthday friends for the month of May, June, & July!
*Wow! If you can believe it we have NO staff birthdays in May. If your birthday forgot to be added to our SGE Outlook calendar, please let Alison know and we will get you added to the calendar + our Weekly Staff Update!
9 - Terri Clayton
15 - Sarah Daniels
5 - Suzanne Mastin
18 - Alison Maxey
25 - Katie Delp
31 - Ryan LaPlante