By: Grant and Joey
Role of Iron in human body
Iron is required to make red blood cells. Iron is also responsible for the transportation of oxygen throughout the body. It also used to convert blood sugar into energy. It will make, you have the energy to make you have armor to shield you from the elements!!!! Making you strong!!! Like Iron!!!
You need to be solid like iron.
What happens when you need iron? We'll if you have been tired lately or you can't get up the stairs without becoming out of breath. Then you may need iron!
If you need Iron here are some, healthy foods that can help you become solid!!
- Red meat
- Egg yolks
- Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
- Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
- Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
- Mollusks (oysters, clams, scallops)
- Turkey or chicken giblets
- Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans