Robert L. Brock vs. Robert L. Brock
By: Jordan Minchew
Indian Creek Correctional Center
- Located in Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Opened in 1994.
- It is a level 2 medium security prison.
- Home to one of the largest substance abuse programs in the US.
- The phone number is 757-421-0095
- The average inmate population is 1,002.
- Inmates help make plastic bags.
- The prison is separated into 6 housing units.
- Indian Creek Correctional specializes in housing inmates with substance abuse problems.
- If you choose to visit someone serving time at Indian Creek, you have to follow a strict dress code set forth by the state of Virginia.
- Their phone number is (757)-421-0095.
- The inmates also work to manufacture chemicals.
Robert Lee Brock
Robert Lee Brock was serving a 23 year sentence at Indian Creek Correctional. On July 1993, he got really drunk and broke into someone's house and commited theft. He was charged with grand larceny and breaking and entering. Grand larceny is theft of property above a specified value. In most states, theft over $1,000 is considered grand larceny. He is still in prison today, and continues to file and appeal frivolous lawsuits.
Inmate Case Points
- In 1995, Brock filed a very unique lawsuit/
- He was suing himself for five million dollars.
- His reasoning was that on the night he committed the crime, he got drunk, and drunkenness violated his personal and religious beliefs.
- He stated that he would be glad to pay himself the 5 million, but since he was incarcerated, he contended that the state of Virginia should pay him the 5 million.
- He also said that he would pay the state of Virginia back after he was released.
"Eastern Region." Commonwealth of Virginia. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"Friday Funny: Stranger Than Fiction." Needlescom. N.p., 30 May 2014. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"PrisonPro.com." Indian Creek Correctional Center Visiting Hours, Inmate Phones, Mail. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.