5th Grade News Bennett Elementary
Week of February 8-12
Reading, Writing, and Social Studies
In Reading, we will briefly dive into mythology, making sure students can explain the roles of the characters and their relationships and conflicts within plots. Students will receive their mystery book club books. We will finish writing our Valentines Plea. Reading homework is due Friday, February 12th.
In Social Studies, students will continue our Westward Expansion ELM. Be sure to ask your child about what "Hacker Trail" is!
Six Flags Reading!
Math and Science
In Math, we will be reviewing and classifying attributes of polygons, triangles, and quadrilaterals. There will be homework, attached below, and is due Tuesday, February 16th.
In Science, we are continuing to talk about weathering, erosion and deposition. The students will also be researching the rock cycle, various types of rocks, non renewable and renewable resources, and fossils. There will be another Earth Vocabulary quiz on Tuesday, February 23rd. Please see attached vocabulary list below.
Math and Science Homework
- February 8-19th - LOCK-IN tickets will be sold at the top of the ramp for $1 from 7:50-8:00a.
- Monday, February 8th - Bennett Variety Show
K-2 to view at 8:30a
3-5 to view at 9:30a
Family Show at 6:30p
- Tuesday, February 9th - Bluebonnet Celebration with Ms. Stallbaumer from 11:30-12:!5
- Wednesday, February 10th - Progress Reports go home
- Friday, February 12th - Class Parties @ 1:45-2:30
- Monday, February 15th - No School
- Tuesday, February 16th - Taste it Tuesday; KidzScience 3-4; Watch DOGS begin
- Friday, February 19th - Lock-in drawing on announcements
- Saturday, February 20th- 8:00-10:00a - Breakfast with Benny at Applebees (tickets must be purchased prior to event)
- Monday, February 22 - STUCO meeting 7:15 AM
- Tuesday, February 23rd- 6th Grade Middle School Night @ 6pm at your child's middle school; KidzScience 3-4; PTO March Newsletter goes home
- Thursday, February 25 - ALPHA Playground Expo at Webb from 5:30-7
- Friday, February 26th - LOCK-IN for chosen tickets from 6:00-9:30p at Bennett!; Friday Live @ 2:15; Color Run Kick-Off; MISD Wear Red Day
- Monday, February 29th - Course requests for middle school due
- Friday, March 4th - First Annual Bennett Color Run
- The week of March 7-11th - Spring Break
- Tuesday, March 29th - Math STAAR test
- Wednesday, March 30th - Reading STAAR test
KidzScience Session 2 at Bennett Elementary!
Where: Bennett Elementary
When: Tuesdays, Feb 16th through April 12th (8 weeks)
Time: 3-4 pm
Price: $129 for 8 weeks of Science Fun!
Who can attend: K through 5th
Here’s the link for registration:
Incoming 6th Grade Meeting Information
5th Grade Party Information
Bennett 5th Grade
Shannon Dusek - firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Higgins - email@example.com
Natalie White - firstname.lastname@example.org