Clarks Creek Staff News
Feb. 16-26, 2016
*** Note that this Staff News is for this week and next! ***
Short and sweet... Lincoln certainly has several famous quotes that we can learn from, but I really like this one! If we imagine our students as the rose/thorn bushes, how would our perception change if we shifted our thinking to looking first at the miraculous roses that each produces?
This week, spend time enjoying the roses!
It's going to be a great week!
Announcements and Reminders
- Thanks to everyone who had students create valentines for the Lions Club to distribute to our retirement community neighbors. We had a great assortment of special pictures and cards that I know will make the day of whomever receives them! What a great opportunity to teach kids about empathy!
- Revised school start times were approved at the board meeting on Thursday. See the graphic below for what those will be.
10-Day Forecast of Upcoming Events
- 2/15 Mid-Winter Break - No School
- 2/16-2-18 Marisa will be at the Effective Schools Conference
- 2/18 Staff Meeting - 4:00 in the LGI
- 2/23 Staff Development - Smekens PD
- 2/23 PTO Restaurant Night at Panda Express
- 2/24 3rd Grade HA Math Class Field Trip to Library 12:45 - 2:45
- 2/25 Lifeskills Classes to Western Bowl 10:00 - 1:00
- 2/25 Fifth Grade Flat Rock Parent Meeting 6:30 - 7:30 - cafeteria
Classroom Photos Needed
One last plea for teachers and staff to submit photos for the yearbook. Photos may be submitted to email@example.com. Please include what school, grade and classroom or activity is pictured in the photo. Again if you have a large quantity of pictures and would like for us to provide a thumb drive to place them on, just let me know and one will be delivered to the school.