A. A. Kingston Middle School
October 2, 2020
Dear A.A.K. Families,
It seems crazy to think we are starting the fifth week of school and September is behind us. Everyone in the AAK community has done a great job thus far and I am proud of the hard work our staff has put in to create a structure that allows our students to be successful.
We are starting to get some of our extra-curricular activities up and running so make sure your students are listening to the daily announcements or checking them out online for the information about these activities. We had a strong start to our modified sports season this week with practices beginning for cross country and soccer. Please make sure to check out the athletic event spectators guidelines linked below.
As you continue to look over this week's newsletter you will find some information about google classroom guardian summaries, our intramural activities, and information on the flu.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this information and I hope everyone has a great week!
For this event and future intramural events, please join the Intramural google classroom with the class code 2z65a2r. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to Mrs. Garrow.
If at anytime you are interested in making a change to your child's learning preference, please complete this form. Also remember that this will not be an immediate change as scheduling and space availability will impact this changes.
Monday, October 5 (Day 1)
Tuesday, October 6 (Day 2)
Wednesday, October 7 (Day 3)
Thursday, October 8 (Day 4)
Friday, October 9 (Day 5)
- All students are remote learners
- 5 week reports will be mailed
Students Submitting Work:
- We are having many students submitting assignments without completing the work. I wanted guardians to be aware that students are able to push submit in google classroom without actually doing any of the assigned task. Some students take advantage of this so that on the guardian summary it appears that they have submitted the assigned work.
Guardian Summary on Google Classroom:
- If you have not signed up for google classroom guardian summaries please make sure you do so. It is a great way to monitor your students progress and make sure they are completing their work. As I mentioned last week, student do however have the ability to submit work that has not been fully completed.
At-Home Learners - AIS added:
- Some of our at-home learners will see an addition to their schedule. Please make sure to have your student check their schedule on schooltool to see if AIS has been added. If you have any questions, please contact your guidance counselor.
Athletic Event Spectators
Week of October 12th: (Monday, October 12th is Indigenous People Day - No School)
- Group A students - Will attend Tuesday and Wednesday, October 13th and 14th
- Group B students - Will attend Thursday and Friday, October 15th and 16th
- 5th Graders - Will attend Tuesday - Friday, October 13th - 16th
Week of November 9th: (Wednesday, November 11th is Veteran's Day - No School)
- Group A students - Will attend Monday and Tuesday, November 9th and 10th
- Group B students - Will attend Thursday and Friday, November 12th and 13th
- 5th Graders - Will attend Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, November 9th, 10th, 12th, and 13th.
Week of November 23rd: (Wednesday - Friday, November 25th - 27th is Thanksgiving Break - No School)
- Monday and Tuesday, November 23rd and 24th will be remote days for all students.
- We will be scheduling remote Parent-Teacher conferences for these days.