Page Hilltop Paws-itively News
January 30th, 2022
Dear Page Hilltop Families:
Our Great Kindness Challenge is off to a wonderful start! Our students and staff have been exchanging a variety of kindness acts throughout the week. We have kindness books being read, kindness posters being created and hung around the school, kindness banners hung in classrooms, kindness quilts being assembled along with many more acts of kindness.
As we get ready to begin week 2 of GKC, we ask for the continued support of our PH community:
- Students will continue to complete kind acts with their teacher and classmates. Ask your child(ren) what they have done each day.
- This will be "Be KIND to Staff" week. We hope that many of you take this opportunity to send an email, note, or card to any member of the Page Hilltop staff.
- Students will watch kindness-themed videos during lunches each day.
LET THE KINDNESS CONTINUE !!
Thank you, as always, for sharing your children with us!!
Fred Deppe, Principal
Matt Lutinski, Assistant Principal
UPCOMING FEBRUARY DATES TO REMEMBER
- Wednesday, February 2nd - Groundhog Day
- Wednesday, February 2nd - Virtual School Council Meeting @ 3:30 pm
- Thursday, February 3rd - Virtual PTO meeting @ 7:00 pm via ZOOM
- Monday, February 7th - Progress Reports sent home
- Tuesday, February 8th - Potential 100th Day of School
- Tuesday, February 8th - Virtual Kindergarten Registration Information Session
- Wednesday, February 9th -- Early Release -- Dismissal @ 1:45 -- Lunch is served
- Thursday, February 10th - Virtual Preschool Registration Information Session
- Monday, February 21st - Friday, February 25th -- February Vacation
FEBRUARY LUNCH MENU
Monday 1/31: Popcorn Chicken w/ Brown Rice
Tuesday 2/1: Penne Pasta w/ Meatballs and Sauce
Wednesday 2/2: Chicken Patty on WG Bun
Thursday 2/3: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Friday 2/4: Sal's Pizza
Can you find the 5 spelling mistakes on this month's menu?
**Lunch menu is subject to change**
BUCKET - FILLING DAY
DO WE HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU!
- Are you looking to add a little excitement to your daily life?
- Would you like to be a member of an all-star team?
- Does your appetite crave some school cafe hot dogs, pizza, or spicy chicken sandwiches?
- Do you want to see children's eyes light up as you enter their classroom?
- Would you like to receive a special prize from our Panther Pride Shop?
- Do you have a desire to play Gaga Ball, hop on a swing or play some four-square with students?
- Wouldn't you like to go to the same school as your children - at the same time?
- What if we handed you a gift bag with some school spirit swag?
If you have a desire for any or all of these aforementioned incentives, please consider being a substitute at Page Hilltop!!
Page Hilltop is looking for people interesting in providing coverage for classroom teachers and paraprofessionals (on an interim substitute basis). Interested applicants must submit a copy of this application. Applicants, if hired, will need to complete a CORI in the main office and also be fingerprinted. Please email Fred Deppe, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
HIGH SCHOOL INTERNS HELPING PAGE HILLTOP STUDENTS
- Kayla Morin Arnold is a senior at the high school. She plays basketball during the winter and softball in the spring! She is also a member of the Student Council and works closely with her family charity. She loves to meet new people and talk about anything, and loves to take her 3 dogs to the dog park on weekends! Kayla is very excited to be an intern at Page Hilltop because she is pursuing a teaching degree in the fall! She is planning on attending Bridgewater State University for Elementary Education and Special Education in the fall!
- Isabelle Cody is a senior at ASRHS. She is the captain of the cross country and track teams. She is also the president of the senior class as well as the president of the national honor society. She is excited to be at Page Hilltop for an internship because she is planning to attend Saint Anselm College to study Elementary Education and Teaching English as a Second Language. She will also be running for their cross country team.
- Ijeoma "Ijay" Ezexhukwu is a senior at ASRHS. She is the captain of the cross country and track teams. She is also the Secretary of the high school’s executive board and a member of the National Honor Society. She is excited to be at Page Hilltop and work with the kids because she is planning on studying Cognitive Science in college and says she would be fortunate to begin the research on younger minds. She is open to any conversation with people and enjoys the company of others.
PRESCHOOL AND KINDERGARTEN VIRTUAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION SESSIONS
Kindergarten Virtual Registration Information Session:
Preschool Virtual Registration Information Session:
- Thursday, February 10th @ 11:15 am
- ZOOM LINK
Zoom links will also be posted on our homepage asrsd.org
HOW MANY SOCKS?
All students are invited to make a guess as to how many pairs of socks were collected. You may submit your guess by emailing Mr. Deppe or sending a note to the office on Monday morning.
The winner will be announced on Monday.
ACADEMICS AT HOME
Please find the links to these online tools below...
Students should have their usernames and passwords written down in their folders. If not, please email your child's teacher for this information.
February PTO Meeting: Thursday, February 3rd @ 7:00 pm via ZOOM
PTO Website -- LINK
PTO Facebook Page -- Link
Are you an Amazon shopper?
Did you know just by shopping with smileamazon.com you can help support PH!?
Create a FREE SMILE ACCOUNT and link it to Page Hilltop.
Share with family and friends so they can help support PH too!
YES, Page Hilltop can still earn with Box Tops!
Here is a video on how to Scan with the Box Tops Mobile App YOUTUBE BOXTOP
SCRIPS YEAR ROUND
The PHT PTO scrip program is a simple and effective fundraising program.
Please email Amanda Lewis at email@example.com with any questions regarding the Scrip Program.
Go to: https://www.shopwithscrip.com/how-to-enroll and click Join Your Existing Program
1. Enter the Enrollment Code: 298736BL13535
2. Complete the Family Registration page
3. Start Shopping!
ROUTINE COVID SAFETY CHECKS (POOL TESTING)
Wednesday is the cutoff for enrollment to be in next Monday's pool testing.
Directions to provide consent for pool testing...
- Go to https://www.cic-health.com/consent/ma?district=null
- Click "Consent Now"
- Select your school district "Ayer Shirley School District"
- Select your school "Page Hilltop Elementary School"
- Click "Sign Consent Form for a Minor"
- Follow the following prompts