Lakeland Counseling News
Week of December 14- 18
Scholarships of the Week
Taco Bell Foundation
FOR THE CREATORS, INNOVATORS AND DREAMERS
That’s right. The Live Más Scholarship is not based on your grades or how well you play sports. No essays, no test scores, no right or wrong answers. We’re looking for the next generation of innovators, creators and dreamers – whose post-high school education we will help fund. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for the next generation. The Taco Bell Foundation will be awarding 220 scholarships to deserving recipients, ranging from $2,500 to $25,000 each.
HOW TO ENTER
Create and submit a video (2 minutes or less in length) that tells us the story of your life’s passion. It could be a short film, animation or just a simple testimonial. This is not about how well you can make a film – we just want you to show us your talents and explain why you should be considered for a Live Más Scholarship.
To apply and more info: http://www.livemasscholarship.com/#home
Credit Union One
William G. Coyne Memorial Scholarship Program
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 30 or more hours of documented, qualified community service during Junior/Senior year of high school ending April 1, 2016
- Be a 2016 graduating high school senior
- Be a member of a family that has belonged to Credit Union ONE for a minimum of 6 months (in good standing)
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Plan to enroll in, beginning in the fall of 2016, a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university, or accredited trade or vocational school.
For more information and to apply visit http://www.cuone.org/about/scholarships.aspx
Did you know that colleges offer merit scholarships, money based on grades and ACT/SAT scores? This is for both public and private colleges and universities. You can learn more about these opportunities directly on the college or university's website.
December 21- January 1: Winter Break- No School