Haley's Coaching Corner
---------------Keeping Elliott teachers in the KNOW!
- Fourth Grade is trying out a cool structure called Talk Read Talk Write in Math!
- Fifth Grade participated in the Math Department's new interactive, online PD on Thursday!
- Great conversations were heard while First Grade collaboratively backwards planned math!
- Second & Third grades have already set the date for their Collaborative Learning half day! Looking forward to spending February 24th learning alongside you!
- Kudos to Kinder! First grade shared that their students came really prepared for Number Talks!
- It's PAYDAY!
As students are learning and practicing new math concepts, it is important to remember that representations support and communicate thinking. Representations are not simply a crutch for struggling students.
Representing their solutions is one of the means by which students can communicate to others their mathematical thinking and clarify in their own mind what meaning lies in the mathematics. It is up the teacher to help students make the connection between the models and the mathematics. Only by making that connection will students truly understand and internalize the math. (Click here for the full article.)
Per the Science Department to all Elementary Schools:
Please look through the science lab equipment and talk with other grade level science leads before ordering supplies from the store. Also, be sure to read through lessons before ordering so that you know how much of given supplies your team might need.
Links to Past Smores
January 4 - https://www.smore.com/v5dgr
December 17 - https://www.smore.com/jcya1
December 11 - https://www.smore.com/4gd94
November 30 - https://www.smore.com/c0f1p
November 9 - https://www.smore.com/h5q9t
October 23 - https://www.smore.com/94rrc
October 19 - https://www.smore.com/qzabx
October 9 - https://www.smore.com/txdtb
September 30 - https://www.smore.com/k84un
September 24 - https://www.smore.com/bvsfv
September 16 - https://www.smore.com/2pdmg
September 11 - https://www.smore.com/v9gjt
September 3 - https://www.smore.com/yprnr
August 30 - https://www.smore.com/rhvcq
August 24 - https://www.smore.com/z18rk