by santana bernal
Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat
The Lorax book summary
The Lorax is the story of a boy who's looking for answers. Living in a ruined town, this little guy wants to know the story of the Lorax, so he goes to the Once-ler, an elderly inventor/manufacturer. Doc Brown—ahem, the Once-ler—tells the boy how the town came to be ruined, and most importantly, what he can do to turn things around.
Thodor seuss geisel
- Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known to the world as the beloved Dr. Seuss, was born in 1904 on Howard Street in Springfield, Massachusetts. Ted's father, Theodor Robert, and grandfather were brewmasters in the city. His mother, Henrietta Seuss Geisel, often soothed her children to sleep by "chanting" rhymes remembered from her youth. Ted credited his mother with both his ability and desire to create the rhymes for which he became so well known.
- Although the Geisels enjoyed great financial success for many years, the onset of World War I and Prohibition presented both financial and social challenges for the German immigrants. Nonetheless, the family persevered and again prospered, providing Ted and his sister, Marnie, with happy childhoods.
Quote of the month
Wednesday, March 18th, 9pm
This is an online event.
And quote of the month is
Quote of the day
the quote of the day is............by dr seuss
five interesting facts
- Seuss’ real name: Theodor Seuss Geisel
- Other pen names included: Theo LeSieg, Rosetta Stone, Theophrastus Seuss
- During World War II, Seuss served as the commander of the Animation Department of the First Motion Picture Unit of the United States Army Air Forces.
- Seuss’ first book, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, was rejected by publishers 27 times.
- Dr. Seuss’s honors include: two Academy awards, two Emmy awards, a Peabody award, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal, and the Pulitzer Prize