A great way to be fit while making new friends!
What will Intramural 5k Entail?
- Intramural 5k is open to 6th grade boys and girls.
- No prior knowledge is required. We will make sure that students who are experienced have an opportunity to improve their skills while less experienced students learn.
- It will be held at the 6th grade (Powers Ferry) campus and the surrounding area.
- It will be held on the following Mondays and Wednesdays: 10/7, 10/14, 10/19, 10/21, 10/26, 10/28, and 11/2.
- It will be in the afternoon, for an hour after dismissal (pick up time is promptly at 5:30).
- Transportation will not be provided
- The fee for this sport is $40* and includes a t-shirt!
*There will be an option to participate in a 5k in the Atlanta area after the intramural is completed. There will be an additional fee to participate in this race (whatever the race charges, around $25, which will likely go to charity). We will decide on which race as the intramural gets closer.
- a current physical, filled out and signed by a doctor (these are "good" for 12 months)
- a completed permission slip
- $40 activity fee (includes t-shirt) please make check payable to SMS PTA
- Participant Information Form
*1-3 can be handed in (at the same time) to Mrs. Burdis once school begins
Sports Physical Information
It is strongly recommended that you get the sports physical done over the summer.
Students only need to turn in a sports physical form once a year (for example-if you turn one in for Intramural Soccer, you will not need to turn one in for Intramural Volleyball).
Your child's doctor is the best person to go to for this, but are also available at walk-in clinics.