Longfellow Snowball Battle 2014
How it Works
Starting January 6, students and teachers can turn in Box Tops in exchange for "snowballs". Between Jan 8 and Feb 5, snowballs will be distributed to classrooms and can be "thrown" at other classrooms on the Snowball Battle Game Board (bulletin boards by lunch area). Note that classrooms can only throw snowballs at other classrooms within your grade level group *see below*. Note that this is a “reverse” contest, meaning that instead of trying to get the most snowballs, the class with the LEAST amount of snowballs on their poster at the end of the contest WILL WIN! This means your class needs to collect Box Tops so you can get “snowballs” to “throw” at other classrooms and protect your own class from having the most.
- Everyone: Please talk to the students about fair play. We can only go by the honor system since the bulletin board is open access. In the past, we have had very few incidents of missing snowballs or foul play. Let’s keep this a fun contest!
- Students & families: Please submit Box Tops in groups of 10 or 50 with your classroom number and teacher name on the collection sheet or zip-top bag. Give them directly to your teacher. Please check to be sure Box Tops are not expired and that the entire coupon is intact (no cut off expirations). Only glue or tape Box Tops to paper: no staples! If you do not have 10, try combining them with others in your classroom. 10 Box Tops = 1 snowball
- Teachers: Please check that your classroom is clearly labeled on the submittal. Place them in to the Los Compadres mailbox in the mailroom. Paper snowballs will be given to teachers in a large envelope and placed in teacher mailboxes as earned. Once you receive the large envelope of snowballs, please re-use the envelope to submit further Box Tops so we can better keep track of them.
- On the bulletin board: Tape your snowball on your target classroom. You can only “throw” the snowball at a classroom in your grade level group as follows:
Grades 2 & 3 – Any classroom of 2nd or 3rd grade
Grades 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 – Any classroom of grades 4-8 grade
- Last day to turn in Box Tops for this contest is Wednesday February 5th. Final snowballs can be “thrown” no later than 4:00, Friday Feb 7th to determine our winning classrooms. The one classroom (2 for upper grades) per grade level group with the least number of snowballs will win!