VCS East Hawk Talk
October Count is Thursday, 10/1!
What is October Count?
The State of Colorado uses the October Count process to determine the amount of funding a school will receive based on enrollment numbers.
When is October Count?
The October Count Window is from September 24-October 8, 2020. This is a two week period in which we are required to account for student attendance. The most important day of the window is Thursday, October 1, 2020, which is Count Day.
October 1, 2020
On Thursday, October 1, 2020, every student must log on to their homeroom/advisory on time in order to be counted. It is very important that we have all students present. Teachers are offering incentives, and the Leadership Team has challenged teachers to compete for the highest attendance rate. Those classes will receive a surprise from the Leadership Team. If the whole school turns up, we all win!
Reminder: If you've chosen the hybrid option, you're welcome to switch to the remote option at any time. If you start the quarter in the remote option, but want to switch to they hybrid option, you must wait until the start of the 3rd quarter to do so. Thank you for understanding.
Masks & Social Distancing
The following steps will be taken should these safety measures be violated:
- 1st time: school personnel engage in conversation with student about health requirements
- 2nd time: an assistant principal will contact parents/guardians and send electronic communication to include health requirements
- 3rd time: an assistant principal will call and document communication with family, agreement to comply, and acknowledgement that failure to comply will result in student moving to full remote learning
- 4th time: student will learn remotely
Medications at School
How Sick is too Sick?!
DO NOT send your child to school if they are experiencing ANY COVID-19 symptoms. Please also know that your child will be sent home if their temperature is 100* or greater...NO EXCEPTIONS.
Click the document below when you're wondering "How Sick is too Sick?"
Core Virtue of the Month
Self-Control and Self-Discipline
- Self-control is stopping to think about my actions before I enact them!
- Self-discipline is applying ourselves to our tasks and giving the best of ourselves. Saying "no" to our weaknesses.
Pay School Fees Online!
VCS East Events
Thursday, Oct. 1st, 7:15am-3:45pm
NO SCHOOL ~ Professional Development
Friday, Oct. 9th, 7:15am-3:45pm
Quarter 2 Student Materials Pick-Up Day
Friday, Oct. 9th, 8am-4pm
Monday, Oct. 12th, 7:15am to Friday, Oct. 16th, 3:45pm
Hybrid Learning for Cohort A Begins
Monday, Oct. 19th, 7:45am
Hybrid Learning for Cohort B Begins
Wednesday, Oct. 21st, 7:45am
Remote Core Knowledge/Classical Character Day!
Friday, Oct. 30th, 8am-3pm
This is an online event.
Students are welcome to dress in a costume representing a Core Knowledge or Classical character and wear it on Friday, 10/30 to celebrate our beautiful, rich curriculum.
The following costume guidelines must be followed:
1. Costume represents Core Knowledge or Classical character or topic. If you’re unsure, just ask.
2. “Scary” or “gory” costumes are NOT allowed.
3. Costume accessories that resemble weaponry, such as swords, etc. are NOT allowed.
Have fun, be creative!