Power of one working on working
My Interview and teaching career research
What do teachers do?
- use props or manipulative to help children understand abstract concepts, solve problems, and develop critical thought processes;
- introduce children to mathematics, language, science, and social studies
- encourage collaboration in solving problems by having students work in groups to discuss and solve problems together;
Elementary school teachers:
- instruct one class of children in several subjects or work as a team with another teacher;
- sometimes teach one special subject, such as music or art
- delve more deeply into subjects introduced in elementary school and expose them to more information about the world;
- specialize in a specific subject;
- may teach subjects that are career oriented;
What made you decide to become a teacher?
The subject that she wanted to teach, things that kids can relate to, likes working with young adults
Do you enjoy it now that you have reached your goal?
Yes, all teachers have their days
Name three word that describe you?
Relaxed, outgoing, creative
What was the most useful college course you took to help you reach your goal of becoming a teacher?
Student teaching, most experience
Would you recommend this job to other students or peers?
Yes as long as its for thr right reasons
Would you say the pay is good, great, or would like more?
Deserve more, do a lot more then people realize
How long did it take you to reach your goal?
5 years masters and bachelors
Why did you choose to become a culinary and child development teacher?
What do you like most about your teaching career?
Every year you get new students so its different every year and everyday it is different.
You give an assignment and the student doesn’t understand what would you do? Give more information, show an example
What tips could you give me on helping me reach my goal?
Internships, make sure research colleges make sure it’s right for me, experience,
What characteristics do you think a teacher should have?
Organization, structured, have good relationships
Is it important to you to get along with all your colleagues?
Would like there is so many people she doesn’t go out of her way to please them
Describe your teaching style?
Hands on, project more beneficial then making them do worksheets,
What is hardest thing you have had to do or overcome since becoming a teacher (school related)?
Sometimes get to close to the students and should limit herself.