Talent Management: What's New?
JANUARY: The month of LAUNCH & LEARN
- NEW! Resources for Team Forming
- NEW! How to Run Induction & Functional Training
- Output from WNC
- Tips for Recruitment
- #CuriousCat of the Week
- Thoughts from Your MCVP
Share this with all of your Team Leaders and VPs and help them check off that first category of team standards. You can also find it by searching "team forming" on HappyFox. Enjoy!
Whether you're requesting trainers for induction or functional training or delivering them yourselves, this toolkit will make it super easy to deliver. Work together across LCs to innovate and collaborate in making the best inductions in AIESEC US!
This is your first challenge for consulting on learning & development with your VP's. Consult them to figure out the most creative way to deliver the content that is here. How can their delivery go beyond the ppt and utilize the GLE and use the LDM.
Lot's 'o goodies in here! Info about TM, Global Leader as a program, as well as all sorts of functional content and LEAD-based sessions!
Tips for Recruitment
- Contact past EP's - be sure to use customer centric messaging!
- Re-visit past Global Leader applicants - find them in the National Recruitment Space on podio.
- Contact close personal networks - ask your friends and classmates if you think they'd be a good fit for one of your open positions.
- Do a classroom talk - share your story of personal development for 5 min at the beginning of class.
- Don't focus too much on flyering or social media - especially if it's not yielding very good results
- Don't go into recruitment without a proper talent plan - make sure you know your LC's goals and what kinds of roles are really necessary to achieve those goals - don't forget about productivity and leadership development in the JD's.
Thoughts From Your MCVP
This group of people (the VP TM's) could be your biggest asset and support throughout the year. I remember that when I was a VP I had a few people who I became really close with and we were able to discuss our problems together and create cool and innovative strategy together, which was a lot of fun. And when I was LCP, I grew very close to them and we still talk to each other today. They helped me in the good times and the bad times - I don't know what I would've done without them actually.
Don't let this opportunity slip by because you'll only regret not engaging with this group of amazingly smart people. Good ideas and innovation come from conversations and relationships so have more of those. Blow that group me up!
This year will probably go by faster than you'd think so don't forget to truly enjoy it. Take in every single moment as something beautiful and a chance to discover more about yourself. Don't sweat the small stuff - or the big stuff - worrying never helped anyone. Instead, enjoy the ride and enjoy it with the people around you.
Don't be afraid to try new things and experiment - that's what AIESEC is for. Test out your ideas and theories and learn, learn, learn. The more failures we have, the more we know and the better we become. Keep thinking critically and strategically about everything you do!
Also, if you aren't in the group me, message me on facebook or email me and I'll be sure to add you to the conversation!
Enjoy this last week of January!