OCE Principal's Message
FROM MRS. LANGSTON TO MAXIMIZE HOME AND SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
Tomorrow is the Big Day! It's the Blue Jay Festival!
Are You Ready for the 15th Annual Blue Jay Festival?
Friday, April 28th ~ 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
The OCE Blue Jay Festival has always been a big celebration for the families of OCE. It also serves as a fun way to raise funds for our school. Tickets can be purchased at the festival. Please come out and help support our PTA!
Next Week is Teacher Appreciation Week!
Please email me your message and I will surprise the teachers with your "Thanks". Include the teacher's name and why they deserve recognition to Lisa.Langston@fortbendisd.com.
Our Blue Jays love science! Students and staff had a lot of fun and learned news words too!
Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
- The instructional day begins at 8:10 am. Students not in their seats at 8:10 am are marked tardy. Here's a tip to remember: "In by eight and you won't be late!"
- When dropping off your student(s), please pull up to the first available staff member on duty. This keeps the line moving as quickly as possible.
- Cell phone use is not allowed while in the school zone which includes the morning car rider line.
- For their safety, students are not to be dropped off in the parking lot in the morning. Parents are expected to walk their students across the front driveway.
- Students who are tardy must be signed in by a parent.
- 3:00 pm is the cut off for students being checked out early. This allows for us to move students into the dismissal areas without interruption (which reduces wait time for parents), and for student accountability.
- Cell phone use is not allowed while in the school zone which includes the afternoon car rider line.
Thank you OCE parents for your cooperation with any adjustments we've made to our drop off and pick up procedures. We appreciate your help in keeping students safe.