Class of 2022: 8th Grade Activities
Newsletter will be updated as new information is available
8th Grade End of Year Events
5/16 (M): First day to sign up for 8th grade Promotion Ceremony
5/16 (M) - 5/20 (F): Make up CAASSP Testing
5/23 (M) - 5/27 (F): Dave & Buster's Field Day Ticket sales at lunch
5/27 (F): Last day to sign up for Promotion Ceremony by 3 PM
6/1 (W): Dave & Buster's Field Day
6/7 (T) & 6/8 (W): Promotion ticket pick up before and after school
6/7 (T): Yearbook Signing & Breakfast
6/7 (T): 8th Grade Awards Night (Invitation Only) @ Robert Frost Theater
6/8 (W): 8th Grade Picnic Field Day @ Vet's Park
6/9 (Th): 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
6/10 (F): Last day of 21-22 school year!
Promotion Ticket Pick up
Tuesday, June 7th: 7-8 AM & 2-3 PM
Wednesday, June 8th: 7-8 AM & 1:30-3 PM
Message from PTSA: Promotion Ceremony & 8th grade Picnic
Please be sure to bring CASH to graduation day. We will be selling donuts, snacks, water, and will have a coffee truck onsite for both ceremonies. They will have HOT & COLD coffee, lattes, mochas, etc. We will NOT be selling graduation items such as lei's, bears, pins, etc.
CASH ONLY PLEASE.
Also, some items are needed for the 8th grade picnic. Please check out the sign-up genius if you would like to donate. THANK YOU!
Promotion Ceremony Sign up Form (Closed)
Ceremony 1: Thursday, June 9th @ 9:30 AM
Ceremony 2: Thursday, June 9th @ 2:00 PM
All students who wish to participate in the promotion ceremony MUST SIGN UP for one of the ceremonies. The student's CCUSD email address (@students.ccusd.org) must be used to sign up for the promotion ceremonies.
First day to sign up for the promotion ceremony is Monday, May 16th. The last day to sign up or make changes to the form is 3 PM on Friday, May 27th. Once any of the ceremonies are full, we will be closing that date for sign up. The sign ups will be first come, first served.
Each student can request up to 7 tickets for their guests. Accessibility seating options will be available for request.
Day of Promotion:
- It is recommended that students come in business casual attire. At times the weather is chilly in the morning and warmer in the afternoon.
- Students must show up 45 minutes to an hour before the promotion ceremony and will check-in at the student table to line up. Gates will open an hour before each ceremony.
- Guests will be asked to exit out of Jerry Chabola stadium parking street-side exits, as school is in session for both middle school and high school.
- Seating is first come, first served. We ask that all guests enjoy the ceremonies to celebrate their 8th grader, but also respect the other guests there to celebrate their child.
Further guidelines will be provided in the envelope with the promotion tickets.
8th Grade Field Day Eligibility Requirements
- Have no more than 2 Ns/1 U on their Citizenship marks
- Have no suspendible offenses
8th Grade Awards Night
At this time, all guests will be required to:
- Wear a mask over their nose and mouth while inside of the Robert Frost Auditorium
- Show proof of vaccine with a valid ID card or show negative COVID test results
- Follow all guidelines for the Robert Frost Auditorium
8th Grade Yearbook Signing and Breakfast Event
Yearbooks are now sold out for this year!
Any questions regarding yearbook, please contact Ms. Gable (HollyGable@ccusd.org).
8th Grade Picnic Field Day - Wednesday, June 8th
Students will be walking to and from the park with chaperones and will be back on campus by 1:30 PM for dismissal.
Students must have a completed permission slip to be able to attend the park field day.