About This Internship
A good internship is an essential building block for a successful career. This unpaid writing internship opportunity is a great way to get your feet wet writing health content, managing social media engagement and helping to grow the AskDrManny.com brand. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who comes with interesting ideas for generating new content/viewership and great enthusiasm!
Who you are:
- An ambitious self-starter who is passionate about health journalism and website management.
- An organized, detail oriented writer with an interest in women's health, diet and nutrition, fitness, celebrity baby buzz and alternative remedies.
- You have a knack for grammar and copy editing.
- You have the ability to work from home on writing content and uploading it to the website in a timely fashion.
- You have the desire to learn health about health journalism, content management systems and search engine optimization (SEO) by working with a small team remotely.
- A social media maven with a solid understanding of using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. for professional purposes.
Who We are:
Unlike most doctors you see on TV these days, Dr. Manny is still practicing medicine full-time. He is the chairman of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey. And when he's not doing complicated surgeries to make hopeful parents into proud ones, he's working as the senior managing health editor at Fox News Channel/FoxNews.com in NYC. AskDrManny.com is a health destination site run by a small team of media professionals that covers everything from women's health issues, to diet and fitness trends and even has some fun with celebrity baby buzz.
What you'll be doing:
- Pitching and writing clear, concise and accurate health articles.
- Researching different health conditions and medical topics for content generation.
- Managing and posting content to various social media platforms.
- Brainstorming different avenues for engagement and promotion to grow website viewership.
- Copy editing, uploading and publishing articles submitted by site contributors.
- Choosing and/or purchasing images/graphics as content dictates.
- Having a fun, rewarding experience in the world of health journalism.