Ms. Chun 2nd Grade Newsletter
From your room parents
ART EXHIBIT MAY 13TH!
On Wednesday, May 13 from 4:00-8:00 PM, the Arts Committee will host an evening filled with art, live music, food and drink, with all of the proceeds going directly back to our kids.
Not only will the children's classroom art be up for auction at this incredible event, but we will also be presenting works from notable artists that will be available for purchase.
Please check out the event website www.WhatIsExtraOrdinary.com to see a full list of artists as well as classroom art that will be for sale. Admission is free, and there will be something for everyone.
Good news! We'll have a yearbook again this year to help us remember all the great events from this school year (and those cute little faces, too). You can customize two pages of the yearbook with your own student's pictures that will print only in your copy. You must first register for a TreeRing account and then you'll be able to start customizing, or you can pre-purchase now without customizing.
Customized pages must be completed by May 1. Yearbooks are $21.99 for the paperback edition and will be delivered before the end of the school year.
Want to see pictures of your student's class in the yearbook? Please upload your photos to our Shutterfly site. See directions on getting access on the site if you're a first-time user:http://westhollywoodphotos.shutterfly.com/ Please name your album so we know where to place photos in the yearbook.
Internet Safety Night
April 23rd from 6-7pm, the FBI will be coming to our school to teach us parents about Internet Safety for our kids! No kids please! They want to scare us...not them:)
WE NEED A CO-TREASURER!!!
We are looking for a co-treasurer to start on the FOWHE board immediately. Our wonderful Mike Brogan (Anna's Dad) needs a partner in crime! Please contact Tom Sano at email@example.com.
Teacher Movies and Wish Lists!!
Don't miss out on a movie for your student after school with his or her teacher! Teachers host a movie with popcorn after school as a fundraiser for our school but also as a fun activity for the class to do together. Buy a seat for a movie with your teacher here:Teacher movies
You can also help teachers reach their class "wish list" goals this year. We're close to the end of the year but not there yet and we still need things in the classrooms. Grandparents, aunts, or uncles wondering how they can help? This is a great way! Contribute to class wish list items
Dates to Remember
- Wed., April 22 - Auction Recap Meeting, 8:20, B5
- Thurs., April 23 - Internet Safety Meeting, 6:00 PM, Auditorium
- Fri., April 24 - JAXX Musical, "The Snow Queen's Frozen", 7PM (and April 25, 2:00)
- Fri., April 24 - FREE DRESS
- Sat., April 25 - GATE Conferences, 8:30-12:30, Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools
- Sat., April 25 - FOWHE Fashion Sale, 9AM - 2 PM, 1266 S. Hauser
- Sat., April 25 - West Hollywood Kids' Faire, 10 AM - 2 PM, West Hollywood Park
- Mon., April 27 - Parent Meeting, 8:30, Auditorium
- Tues., April 28 - Executive Board Meeting, 8:30, B5
- Fri., May 1 - Principal Coffee, 8:30, Patio behind teachers' lounge