CHS Update Week # 4
September 7, 2020
Information in this Newsletter
- Virtual Back To School Night - Sept. 10 @ 6:00 PM
- Canvas / Zoom Support Page (Troubleshooting Tips)
- Canvas Parent Account Information
- Online Reminders for Students
- CHS Access Times for Pick -ups
- Get Connected
- Link to Week # 3 Update
- Link to Latest TVUSD Update
Virtual Back To School Night / September 10 @ 6:00 pm
On September 10, you will receive an email by 6:00 pm with a spreadsheet containing pre-recorded video links from administration and each of your child's teachers. Prior to Thursday, please know your child's schedule, teacher names, course names, and period numbers. Teacher videos will be approx. 5 to 10 min. each in length. We will keep the links live for a couple of days in case you are not able to view the videos that evening or would like to go back and watch a particular video again if needed.
Again, we are sorry that we can't host this event live and in person this year. However, you will still receive the important information from teachers regarding academic & behavior expectations, grading, curriculum, etc.
Canvas / Zoom Support Page (Troubleshooting Tips)
Canvas Parent Account Information
The following links give parents and guardians all they need to create a parent account within Canvas and to link that account to a student account. These links are also on our district parent tech support page. We hope our CHS parents find these links useful in supporting student work.
Online Reminders for Students
Students received an invitation to the CHS Student Homeroom course in Canvas. The activities and information will be published there as well on Monday mornings for students to access in case they are absent, to complete assignments, or to access information again at a later date.
Students are expected to follow online classroom expectations at all times. (CLICK HERE to Review Student Code of Conduct).
If you are having trouble logging onto the IC Student Portal, TVUSD Gmail Account or have a schedule conflict and need to talk to your counselor on Monday, please click here on the Zoom Office Hours Link, find the correct zoom room, and staff will help you. The Zoom Office Hours will be open on Monday, September 8.
Still Need Books, Chromebooks, or Finish OLR Confirmation?
What to be Prepared for:
1. Enter through the Welcome Center.
CHS Staff will confirm your OLR (Online Registration) has been completed.
2. Pick up School Spirit Gear in the ASB Room.
- We can only do online sales (ahead of time).
3. Go to the Library for text book check-out
- Collect needed text books for 20-21 school year.
- If you did not return your books from last school year you can bring them to registration.
4. Electronic device check-out in the Library (if needed)
- Be sure to complete the OLR and device request form in your student portal.
- Please sign the linked responsibility form and save time at registration! You will click on the Google or Microsoft icon (circled in red in the graphic below) to sign in or you will need to create an account if you don't have a current Google or Outlook email. It's a very easy process to create. (For TVUSD staff who are also parents, you can use the staff login button.) https://etcentral.tvusd.k12.ca.us/#/form/115