April 8, 2022
Notes from Mrs. Bervert
Thanks for another great week of learning together. I was able to visit STARBASE with our fifth graders and I was so impressed by the respect and behavior of our fifth graders in working with guest teachers and members of the military. Our students did a great job of representing Berryton. A few reminders and items of note:
- Dean of Student Update- We are thrilled to announce that Mrs. Laura Hurla will serve as our full-time Dean of Students next year. A Dean of Student supports the principal in assisting with behavioral needs at the school and on the bus. Mrs. Hurla is finishing her doctorate and is passionate about continuing to serve the BES community.
- Track Intramurals- 5th and 6th graders don't miss out on the opportunity to do track this spring. There will be a track meet at the end of the season on May 9th at SHHS.
- BES Apparel- PTO has extended the deadline to April 10th so check out the link below for some online shopping.
- Relocating- As we begin planning for the 22-23 academic year please email Mrs. Tanya (email@example.com) if your child will not be returning to BES.
- Camp Invention- Coming to BES June 13-17- Interested in having your child attend? Sign Up on the form below.
- Student Information Form- We value input from parents as we create class lists for the 22-23 academic year. Check out the form below if you'd like to share information with BES regarding your child's specific needs.
Have a Great Weekend!
State Assessment Schedule
BES and Shawnee Heights Happenings
Cafeteria Menus and Sandwich of the Day Schedule
Upcoming Events in the Media Center
A. Summer Send OffWe will have our annual summer send off which is an event hosted by Mrs. Baker and Mrs. Boyer. Each student will get to pick out a book and take it home. We would love to have parent volunteers to support this event and interested parents should email Mrs. Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Summer Send Off Times Per Grade Level
- 5/16- AM Preschool Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/16- 4th Grade Summer Send Off at 12:30
- 5/16- PM Preschool Summer Send Off at 3:00
- 5/17- Kindergarten Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/17- 6th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/18- 1st Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/18- 5th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/19-3rd Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/19- 2nd Grade Summer Send Off at 1:00
B. William Allen White Reading Contest Awards Banquet- This will be held on May 20 from 7:30-8:45 AM. This celebration honors our students that read all of the William Allen White novels.
C. Summer Send Off Book Fair Family Night- Families are invited to shop our Summer Send Off books on 5/19 from 4:30-7.
Upcoming Dates- 4th Quarter
- 4/11- 5th Grade to Starbase
- 4/12- Site Council at 5 pm/PTO at 6:30 pm
- 4/15- No School
- 4/18- No School/Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment Sessions
- 4/18- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 4/21- 5th Grade to Starbase
- 4/21- 3rd Grade to Zoo
- 4/22- Kindergarten to Zoo
- 4/27- Administrative Professionals Day
- 4/29- 6th Grade Field Trip to Wildwood Adventure Park (Manhattan, KS)
- 4/29- 1st Grade to Zoo
- 5/2-5/6- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/2- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/4- Mrs. DePriest's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/4- Kona Ice visiting BES
- 5/5- BES Musical "Lion King" at 7 pm
- 5/6- Donuts with Moms- 8:15-8:55 in BES Gym
- 5/6- 2nd Grade to Mid State Materials
- 5/9- District Elementary Track Meet at 6 pm for Intramurals (SHHS)
- 5/10- PTO at 6 pm
- 5/11- School Nurse Day
- 5/16- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/17- Grades 5/6 Band and Orchestra Concert at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/18- 3rd Grade Field Trip to Ritchie House and Capitol
- 5/18- Mrs. Hahn's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/19- Mrs. Berry's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/20- Mrs. Gauntt's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/23- 6th Grade visit to SHMS in AM/ 6th Grade celebration in PM
- 5/25- Field Day
- 5/26- Last Day of School at Berryton
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.