December 15, 2014
Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that this impact last in your absence--Harvard Business School
News to Roar About
- Congratulations to the Archer HS football team on their achievements in making it to the State football championship in just 6 short years as a team! WOW! We are so proud of you!
- Teresa Olsen ROCKS!! Taught a fifth grade class on the spur of the moment so we could practice for the music program....YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!
- Thank you Christy LeMaster for all of your organizing, sorting, pulling, filing, stacking and small grouping for DDA's. It is a very large task and you are doing a great job!!!
- Thank you Jennifer Tatum and Tisha Spain for giving our students the opportunity to participate in drama. You share your time and talents every week BEFORE school!!
- Thank you third grade teachers for giving all your students the opportunity to be on stage in a musical You changed schedules and supported your students with such grace. Harbins is fortunate to have such dedicated teachers.
- Thank you Joan Tullis and team for the vast array of things you do daily to accommodate the needs of our school. How patient you are!!
- Thanks to Linda Wood for giving our students more opportunities to showcase their talents this week at the PTA meeting and at the Archer Cluster Book Fair! We appreciate the way above and beyond time you invest in our students!!
- Kathy Schmidt, Chris Rogers for all of the hard work you put into providing Hour of Code for our grades 3-5 students! It was an amazing week of learning to code!
- Thank you to the 3-5 teachers for taking your students to Hour of Code. Your students really enjoyed the opportunity and we appreciate you making this time available.
- Terri Poffenberger for your leadership with Relay for Life. Great work for a great cause!
- 3rd grade teachers and students for a successful Unicef campaign. We are so proud of you!
- Theresa Emmett and Melinda Heimerich for sharing your students during Leadership Academy. They did a super job and we enjoyed working with them.
- Paula on her presentation at the AP meeting on eCLASS! We are proud of you!
- Curriculum Coaches for the outstanding instructional leadership you provide! Thank you for helping us all grow in our practice!
- All grades K-5 teachers who attended Kristin Ziemke's sessions. We appreciate your time to participate in this shared learning opportunity.
- Montine Powell for her help with our visitors on Friday and with shopping for Grazing Day! We appreciate you!
- Lea Sirmans and Shannon Wiley for opening your classroom to Kristin, colleagues and visitors to help us all learn and grow.
- Chris Rogers, Keith Brown and Jennifer Dalton for your support of our visitors on Friday.
- Shelly Everett for all you do to showcase student artwork and give us such a beautiful environment to look at each day.
- To everyone who helped with administering DDAs. It takes a village and we appreciate your support!
- Kindergarten Teachers for all of the time you invest in your Reindeer Ride. The students absolutely love it! Thank you for connecting in such a fun way with your students and their families!
- Marie for filling in for me at the PforaDay luncheon! It was greatly appreciated!
- Congratulations to Donna Lanford! She will become a part-time special education teacher at Lilburn ES beginning in January. We are very happy for Donna and wish her the best in her new role at Lilburn!
Relay for Life Candy Grams
Instructional Fair Updates
When: Thursday, January 29th 6:30 - 8:00
This year's fair will focus around the areas of STEM. It's a great opportunity to showcase STEM learning to our community through the various classroom activities that will be featured. Right now, be thinking of who you would like to work alongside for an activity (partners) and what your activity plan will be. This information will be needed after winter break.
The planning team is also in need of empty wrapping paper rolls and rinsed gallon milk jugs for our foyer fair decor. You can drop off these materials in the designated bins located in the Book Room.
Each student will design a personalized brick to create our iBuild brick wall in the lobby. You will get materials and directions in the near future. Thanks for supporting!
Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) Assessment Guides
The Assessment Guides for the Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) measures are posted on the Georgia Milestones web page. You may access the current guides using the following link:
Report Card Timeline for 2nd 9 Weeks
Check out this article featuring our very own Chris Rogers!
Young Georgia Authors Writing Competition: Please select one piece of writing to submit to this competition. The selection can be any genre. Please place a post-it note on top of the piece with the student's name and teacher name. Pieces are due in no later than Thursday, January 8th to Jennifer Dalton.
Technology Weekly Update (Please click each week for new info.)
Media Center News
Check out what is happening in the Media Center with a NEW Smore for OCTOBER
Information on upcoming story times and how to sign up for a Genius hour research lesson
Grade Level Professional Learning
- January 5- 8:00-11:00- STEM Professional Development- See Agenda via email from Cindy Truett
- January 7- Tool Time
- January 8 - All Day SIT Meeting
- January 12 - Kindergarten Collaborative Planning
- January 15- Grade Level Math Professional Learning
- January 14 - 3rd Grade Collaborative Planning
- January 15 - 4th Grade Collaborative Planning
- January 21 - STEM Team Redelivery
- January 22 - Grade Level Staff Development - Literacy
- January 23 - 5th Grade Collaborative Planning
- January 28 - 2nd Grade Collaborative Planning
- January 30 - 1st Grade Collaborative Planning
Classroom Spirit Award
School Improvement Team
The SIT Team meeting will be held on January 8 from 8:00 - 4:00. Location: Professional Development Room. Read Chapter 5 of Change Leader for our session.
News to Roar About
We will place “News to Roar About” in the Roar each Monday. It is our hope that throughout the year that you will take time to send us a note to let us know about a colleague who deserves recognition for outstanding work. Please be sure to share your compliments with us so we can highlight those individuals in the Roar. You can email compliments to Cindy Truett or Montine Powell.
Leaders in Learning
A Chrome file will be shared with each teacher, please go in to list your Leader in Learning for August when Montine sends out the notification email.