Top TEN News @ Weston
December 13, 2019
2. Students are bringing home iPads over Winter Break. Feel free to use them with your child . . . . maybe visit a place you've never been before (via the web). Also, we want to be prepared in case of inclement weather for our first day back to school on 1/6/20.
3. Our Middle of the Year NWEA assessments are now completed. Our students did a GREAT job in both Reading and Math! Once the reports are ready we will let you know that they have been uploaded in your child’s powerschool account. Go to this link to learn more about NWEA. Contact your teacher(s) if you want to learn more. We will have the End of the Year Assessments in late April.
4. If you would like for your child to receive a weekly BackSack from Gleaners, please contact Mrs. Miller, Weston’s School Social Worker. BackSacks contain shelf-stable foods that can be used during the weekends.
5. The Hancock County Food Pantry has changed their schedule over the upcoming holidays. They will only be open on: Monday, December 23, afternoon and evening shifts, Tuesday, December 24, morning shift only, and Monday, December 30, afternoon and evening shifts. Regular hours will resume on January 6.
6. Box Tops for Education has gone digital! Click here to download the App and learn more about how the new process works.
7. We had 171 students with Perfect Attendance in December = 49% of our students!
8. Learn more about the EXTRA things going on at Weston that make it a special place! Check out the Dec./Jan. edition of the Weston Extra. Find it below in the download section.
9. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is offering free admission on Tuesday, Dec. 24, from 10am-2pm.
10. Kids’ Workshop @ Home Depot . . . . Saturday, January 4, 2020; any time between 9:00am-12:00pm Face off with fun in this Mini Hockey Game Workshop. Kids develop hands-on skills by sanding, nailing, painting and more. With help from parents and Store Associates, your child will create and own their own game. All Kids Workshop attendees must be accompanied by a parent or adult at all times. All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last. Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.
Mrs. Miller ROCKS!
Our Social Worker received a special award for her 'Service to Mankind'
Character Trait Winners!
November's students recognized for their Punctuality!
Menu for 2nd Semester