Weekly Family News | September 19, 2021
Your New Principal
Greetings Key Family!
My name is Shana Murphy and I am the new and proud principal of Key Elementary! Just a little about me...I have worked for Oak Park Schools since 2017 in the Teaching & Learning Department as the Data and Assessment Coordinator for the district. Prior to working in Oak Park Schools, I served as principal in the Detroit Education Achievement Authority (EAA) at Marion Law Academy as well as served as Dean of Instruction and Curriculum Coordinator all at the PreK-8 grade levels. I was also a middle school Mathematics teacher in Detroit and Oak Park.
I am also a wife and mother to two beautiful children: Quinn (age 8) and Jaxson (age 3).
I look forward to learning and growing with all 650 of my new babies (and their parents), as well as the 50+ staff members of Key Elementary!
COVID-19 Reminders & Updates
At Key Elementary, our staff are ensuring that we are continuing to remain safe while in school. We are maintaining social distancing, to the extent possible, making sure students keep their masks on, frequently wiping down surfaces, and making sure that students wash/sanitize their hands throughout the day.
Parents/Guardians, it is very important that you do the following every single school day:
- Complete our daily COVID screener using the Clear to Go app. You can download this app from any app store. Enter the phone number on your child's school account in order to register.
- Send your child to school with a reusable water bottle. There are water refilling stations throughout our school. Students can not drink from the fountains.
- Send your child to school with a mask. Too many students are coming without masks and we do not have enough masks to continue to give out daily. Please send them with a mask every day (or put 5 in their bookbag for the week).
- Monitor your child for any symptoms and if they are sick, please keep them home. Then contact the main office.
If your child does contract COVID-19, or they are exposed to someone with COVID-19, please call our school immediately at (248) 336-7610.
Download Clear To Go
Avoid our paper screener in the mornings!
Send a Mask
Children must wear a mask every day.
Send Water Bottle
Children cannot drink from the water fountains.
Be On Time for School!
***New Dismissal Procedure***
- Grades K-2 students will come out of the front door beginning at 3:05pm
- Grades 3-5 students will come out of the north (staff) parking lot at 3:10pm
- *Younger siblings will be with their older sibling(s) in the north (staff) lot
EARLY DISMISSAL ENDS AT 2:30PM SO WE CAN PREPARE FOR WHOLE SCHOOL DISMISSAL.
***All students still use the front door for arrival.
No Peanuts in School
Please do not send food with nuts.
Be On Time!
School starts at 8:15am.
We Need You!
If you can assist with our arrival and/or dismissal, please let our Main Office know!