Dodge County 4-H Blast
April 8, 2016
~~Dodge County 4-H News~~
SHOOTING SPORTS OPPORTUNITY FOR 4-H MEMBERS
No registration required… just show up!
Nebraska Extension in Washington County is hosting the Nebraska State 4-H Shooting Sports Certification training on Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17, 2016. On Saturday, April 16, the teaching staff is asking for youth ages eight to 18 years old (on January 1, 2016) to help with the practicum for the new instructors. If you want to see what the 4-H Shooting Sports program really is, this is your opportunity. Not only will youth get to try the archery and rifle disciplines that the Washington County 4-H Program currently offers, but there will also be a shotgun session (shooting clays). Youth will need to report directly to the Rybin Building on the Washington County Fairgrounds (Arlington) by 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 16. Upon arrival, the youth will be placed into groups and assigned to a discipline. The practicum will last until approximately 5:00 p.m.
Market Beef Identification - Deadline next Friday
- DNA envelopes and the Nebraska 4-H and FFA Market Beef Ownership Affidavits are due by APRIL 15 AT 4:30 p.m. to the Nebraska Extension Office in Dodge County, Fremont.
- Any 4-H livestock identified AFTER the APRIL 15 DEADLINE DATE will be INELIGIBLE to exhibit in the 2016 livestock shows (Fremont 4-H Fair, Dodge County Fair, Nebraska State Fair, and AKSARBEN 4-H Stock Show). NO EXCEPTIONS!
The process is the same as last year for members. NEW: 4-H leader enrollment will be completed using the online system. ENROLLMENT DEADLINE. June 15, 2016 We encourage you to enroll by May 1 so not to miss out on important 4-H updates and dates.
~~Nebraska 4-H News~~
Volunteer Opportunity for 4-H Clubs
The Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska was established to promote beef in a healthy diet, to showcase rural Nebraska and to raise funding for healthcare research at the Fred and Pamela Buffett Cancer Center at UNMC as well as local healthcare. The 18th Annual Cattlemen’s Ball will be held Friday, June 3-4, 2016. Friday’s event will be held at UNL Innovation Campus. Saturday’s activities/event will be held on the property of Torri and Trevor Lienemann, 26969 Homestead Expressway, Princeton, Nebraska, approximately 15 miles south of Lincoln on Highway 77.
In order to put on such an event for 5,000 people, volunteers are needed to assist in table set up, decoration set up, etc. A list of specific volunteer dates, times, and opportunities can be found at https://cattlemensball.com/volunteer. Everyone that volunteers for a shift of 4 hours or more will receive a free Cattlemen’s Ball 2016 t-shirt. Feel free to contact Brenda Tracy at email@example.com or at 402-416-3328 if you have any questions.
Author: Brenda Tracy, Cattlemen's Ball Volunteer Committee Chairperson
State Fair and AKSARBEN Information Pages
Livestock & Small Animal Clinics, Workshops, and Programs
- Canine Companions for Life 4-H Dog Expo - April 22-23
- Lucky Lopers 4-H Club Horse Show - April 30
- Salt Creek Wranglers Open Horse Show - May 1
- Animal Science Field Day - May 26, 2016
- District Horse Show
- June 16th - Leigh
- The 2016 Nebraska State Horse Show will be held on July 10-14 at Fonner Park in Grand Island, NE.