Parent and Family News
OPEN HOUSE - MEET THE TEACHER
Tuesday, Sep. 20th, 4-6pm
24 Westminster Avenue
Meet the Teacher
After School Program
Get information about the 3:00-3:45 Middle School elective classes
Meet the administrators
Sign up for DOJO
Sign up for Parent Portal
Sign up to get text messages from the school.
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.
If you have any questions, please call me at the school for clarification before trying to send anything in.
Super Saturday - FALL back to School
Saturday, Sep. 24th, 9-11:30am
24 Westminster Avenue
- Afrochic Yoga
- Anything Art
- Bubble Art
- Three Pigs Building Experiment
- Hispanic Cooing
- Worry Dolls from Guatemala:
- Steam Absorption
- Slime making
- Library Story Hour with craft
- Grab and go Lunch to Go
Essential to remember that 7th graders have to get the Meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
All Vaccinations must be up to date on 9/21/22, or students will need to be excluded from the class. The Kaleida clinic sent home forms for students in grades K, 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8 who may need vaccinations. Please check their book bags. If your child needs a vaccination, they can get it at school in the clinic if you send back the form. If you did not get one, please call the clinic.
If your child has COVID symptoms and the symptoms are improving, they can return to school if they take a home test and you notify the school of the results. If your child tests positive for COVID, they need to remain home for five days in quarantine and then can return back to school with a tight-fitting mask for an additional five days.
SICK CHILD - the rules for a child not suspected of having COVID returning to school continue as they were before COVID.
Please do not send your child to school if they have:
- Fever in the past 24 hrs.
- Vomiting in the past 24 hrs.
- Diarrhea in the past 24 hrs.
- Strep Throat - must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning
- Bad cold with a runny nose or bad cough
- Head Lice until treated according to medical recommendation
- Pink Eye until first treatment
If your child becomes sick at school, you will be called, and you need to come to get the child without delay. It is essential that we have a working phone number for you as well as at least one emergency number for us to call in case your child needs you. Please plan ahead and make arrangements for what you will do if your child needs to be picked up. If your child has one of the above illnesses, they can not return to school until the time or condition is met.
- Check the school website - https://www.westminsterccs.org/.
- Join class DOJO and sign up for your students' classes - https://home.classdojo.com/#/signup
- Sign up for the parent portal. You can see students' grades, attendance, and behavior in one spot. You can also see what address and phone number we have for you to ensure you get any mailings. https://parentportal.wynric.org/
- We sent home a QR code for you to sign up for text messages from the school. This will allow you to get quick information if anything is happening at the school that you should know about.
We have a few student openings left, encourage a friend to apply.
These events will allow us to bring the students and families into the School for fun, information, and family time. Students are not allowed to attend these events without a guardian. Our First Super Saturday will be September 24th from 9 am-11:30 am. The theme is FALL back to School.