September 8, 2015
Message from the Superintendent
Monday, September 7
Tuesday, September 8
Wednesday, September 9
School PD @ 8:05 a.m. (Media Center) TOPIC: School Safety w/Milan Damjanovic
Thursday, September 10
Specials Teacher PD @ 8:05 a.m. (Central Office)
Grade Level Meetings @ 8:05 a.m. (Team Leader's Classrooms)
Friday, September 11
Parent Contact (see below)
Jillian-Leadership Meeting (Out of Building) 9:00-12:00 p.m.
September 24th- Student of the Month Breakfast @ 8:05 a.m.
September 28th- BUZZ Training
- Contact at least 3-5 families.
- Contact them via phone (first preference), email, or in-person.
- Reach out with good news first, then follow with not-so-hot if necessary.
- Document your outreach via a Google Doc shared with me.
- Open the Google Doc I have shared with all of you.
- Got to FILE. Make a COPY of it.
- Rename it with your name in the parentheses in the title.
- Share this NEW document with me (not everyone).
- See me if you need some help!
Notes and Other News...
- Speech begins this week. OT is working on their schedule and plans to be here on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- If you need help resetting a student's RDS log-in, please be sure to have the student's current password handy. Most often you can call the office and the ladies can take care of the student remotely.
- PAPER!!!! Lots of copy paper has been wasted recently. Big stacks of printed paper (and unclaimed) copies were left. Please be careful when copying to minimize waste.
- I will be presenting at the September 21st Board Meeting. Consider coming to see our Winfield/Jerry Ross students sing the opening. You are also welcome to stay and hear my presentation about the great things happening at Winfield!
- Complete mClass with fidelity.
- Finish STAR testing.
- Submit your weekly newsletter via email (preferred). I still have not received any from some teachers :(
- Please make sure your students are ready and packed at dismissal time. If you have the last special of the day, they should be packed before they go.
Food For Thought
Google Forms is part of the Google Docs suite of tools which can be used to create online assessments, forms, surveys, and more. Question types include text, paragraph, multiple choice, checkboxes, choose from list, scale, grid, date, and time. Google Forms is free and can be used with a personal Google account or with a school Google Apps account.
- Link - Help Guide - Creating Online Assessments with Google Forms
- Link - Help Guide - Using Google Forms
- Link - Flubaroo - Add-on script for Google Forms that can automatically grade the assessments and email results to the students.
This tool is for both student and teacher use and can be used to deliver real-time formative and summative assessments in 'exit ticket' style delivery throughout a class period.
- Link - ExitTicket website
Socrative is a free student response system that works on any web-enabled device including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops. Activities can include multiple choice, true/false, short answer, exit tickets, and more.
- Link - Socrative overview site
- Teacher site - Website - Android App - iOS App
- Student site - Website - Android App - iOS App
Quizlet is a free online quiz tool that includes many assessment formats including flashcards, spelling, matching, multiple choice, fill-in, and drag and drop.
Kahoot is a free student response system that works on any web-enabled device including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops. You can create multiple choice quizzes, surveys, and discussions. Optionally you can include points for each question as a competition.