IN THE MIDDLE
May 16, 2016
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Monday-Thursday, May 16-19
- 7th Grade
Monday, May 16
- BOE Meeting @ Ackerson, 6:00 pm
Friday, May 20
- 8th Grade Civil War Encampment
Saturday, May 21
- 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony, 5:30 pm
Monday, May 23
- 8th Grade Field Trip to EMU and SWWC (Southwest Washtenaw Consortium)
Tuesday, May 24
- MS Spring Band Concert @ MHS, 7:00 pm
Friday, May 27
- Spirit Day: Wear Your Michigan Sports' Fan Gear (any Michigan team pro or college)
Monday, May 30
- NO SCHOOL -- MEMORIAL DAY
Wednesday, June 1
- All A's / Perfect Attendance Outing
- 5th Grade Orientation
Thursday, June 2
- Kids Against Hunger Packaging @ Klager (Builders' Club)
Monday, June 6
- PTSA Meeting @ Media Center, 5:30 pm
Tuesday, June 7
- Honors Night, 7:00 pm
Wednesday, June 8
- 7th Grade Field Trip
Thursday, June 9
- 5th Grade Field Trip
- 6th Grade Field Trip
Friday, June 10
- Last Day of School - 1/2 Day Dismissal
A MINUTE WITH MRS. MAYES
- Next Year 6th graders will be able to play on these MS teams: Cross Country, Wrestling, and Track and Field. You will need a school athlete physical to participate.
- Athletic physicals will be held on June 7th from 5pm to 6pm in the HS for $20. You must get a physical every year, in order to participate in any of our
- As many of you have probably heard, the district will be selling our used iPad2s at the end of the school year. If you are interested in purchasing your child's iPad, please fill out the form and indicate your interest by May 27, 2016. Link to form here. If you have more than one child, you have the option to purchase each child's iPad. The iPads will be completely wiped and set to factory default to allow transfer of ownership from the district to you.
- iPad2 Tablet (2nd generation)
- front and rear camera, wifi only
- 1 GHz processor, black
- $90 (includes tax and case)
*Make all checks payable to Manchester Community Schools (MCS) and either send with your student to turn in at the Media Center (both high school and middle school) or mail to the district business office at 410 City Road, Manchester, MI 48158, Attn: Anne Buckalew, by May 27, 2016. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
FYI: The District Technology Committee chose a refresh of iPads for grades k-4 and Chromebooks for grades 5-12 for instructional support.
- SLS, SRSLY, Key Club, & NHS invite you to participate in the 2nd annual Walk Out of Darkness on Saturday, May 28th. Registration begins at 2pm at Carr Park with the walk starting at 3pm. Join us to promote mental health and suicide prevention awareness. You are welcome to come with a group or independently. Sign-up online at afsp.org/walk.
Event: Walk out of Darkness
Purpose: Mental Health & Suicide Prevention Awareness
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2016
Location: Carr Park
Event Registration: 2p
Event Start: 3p
Contact: Megan Linski, email@example.com
- Detroit Lions Camp: My name is Colby Lufkin, Football Education Intern for the Detroit Lions. I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and pass along some information regarding our youth football camp that we will be conducting at Manchester High School, June 11-12. This camp is open to all children between ages of 6-14. They are invited to take part in this positive and engaging camp experience that focuses not only on developing their football
skills, but also on the skills necessary to be successful in the classroom and in the community.
Colby Lufkin – Football Education intern - The Detroit Lions – Ford Field
(313) 262-2761 (direct) | (313) 262-2239 (fax) | (313) 262-2000 (main)
2000 Brush Street | Suite 200 | Detroit, MI | 48226
- Text alerts are available through Remind. TEXT @mms5678 to 81010
- Weekly classroom assignment charts are listed below, or you can also find them under the middle school's "Parents & Students" tab.
Meet Mrs. Surerus, Speech and Language
Mrs. Surerus lives on the outskirts of Manchester with her husband and daughters, and she loves the peace of country living. She and her husband welcomed their second daughter at Thanksgiving this school year. Mrs. Surerus has been practicing speech therapy for four years now in medical and educational settings, and she loves working in the school environment. She is thrilled to work for MCS and looks forward to getting to know everyone!
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
District Mission Statement
Manchester Community Schools, in partnership with parents and community, use best practices to develop the skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in all students to ensure they are future ready.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.