A Publication of St. Gabriel the Archangel School 2/8/2023
Dear Fabulous Families -
- Registration opened last Thursday. Thanks to everyone who has registered. Knowing which families are returning helps us with budget planning and allows us to get a jump start on staffing and offering of contracts. If you need help with the registration process, please contact our secretary, Mrs. Italiano, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are considered registered when the Teacher Ease application is complete and we have received your registration fee payment.
- New families will be allowed to register next Monday, February 13.
- During registration, we always encourage our families to apply for financial aid through TTEF. It is preferable for families to first access financial aid through the Today and Tomorrow application process. Information regarding this was sent out via email a few weeks ago. Here is the website again: https://ttef-stl.org/info-for-parents/ Additional money is available this year.
- Here is the link to sign up to be a lunch volunteer for the third trimester Volunteer sign-up
- There are Valentine Parties for grades K-5 next Tuesday, February 14. All K-8 students are welcome to have a Valentine Add-on Day. They can wear a red, white, pink, purple, or other Valentine-inspired shirt with uniform bottoms or over their jumpers. They can also wear a Gabe's spirit shirt since we all L-O-O-O-O-V-E Gabes!
- We look forward to seeing our families next Thursday, February 16, 12:00-5:00 and Friday, February 17, 12:00-3:00, for parent-teacher- student conferences. Teachers in grades K-6 have sent out links to sign-up for a time to meet homeroom teachers. Grades 7 and 8 will be in the gym during the times listed. This mid-year conference serves as a checkpoint for parents, teachers, and students to review progress and make plans for a successful third trimester.
- There are always lots of items to go in the school newsletter throughout the year. Please send in submissions by noon on Monday before the Wednesday publication. Graphics should be a jpeg or png - not a PDF.
Peace and Joy -
St. Gabriel the Archangel
St. Gabriel the Archangel
Registration for Returning Families Underway
Registration for current families began last week.
New family registration begins next Monday, February 13.
The registration fee is $100 per child. The registration fee will increase to $150 per child after March 27.
Parent will need to log into TeacherEase to find this.
If you are a current family with an incoming student, you must pre-register that student and wait for approval before registering your current student(s).
Please note the requirements for admission to an elementary school from the Archdiocese:
Requirements for Admission (4102.1)
Catholic schools are unique expressions of the Church’s effort to achieve the purposes of Catholic education among the young. Academic excellence and a disciplined formation will always be the desired goals of the Catholic school. Central to the school, however, is the understanding of the Catholic tradition and growth in faith. Parents wishing to enroll their children in a Catholic school must understand and agree to the purposes of Catholic schools.
Admission to a Catholic elementary school at any point of entry is contingent upon:
1. the family’s desire for this special kind of school where Catholic teaching and moral formation are an integral part of the school; (Non-Catholic families must give the same assurance that they understand the religious requirements and expectations of attending a Catholic school). Evidence of any family’s desire to be a part of this type of school includes:
a. participation in the spiritual and social life of the parish or religious congregation;
b. support of the concepts upheld in the Witness Statement
c. agreement to follow the policies and procedures of the school;
d. willingness to cooperate with the teachers and administration in the moral, psychological, emotional, spiritual, and academic development of their children.
2. the child’s fulfillment of the age requirements listed below:
a. for admission to kindergarten, the child should be five years of age before August 1;
b. for admission to first grade, the child should be six years of age before August 1.
Augustine House Collects Cans for the "Souper" Bowl
Students Play in Chaminade Honor Band
Congratulations to the Bellarmine Speech Participants for Bringing Home Blue and Red Ribbons!
Girls on the Run - Registration Open
Summer Program and Totus Tuus - Save the Dates
Totus Tuus - Returning to St. Gabriel This Summer
Save The Date! Totus Tuus will return to St Gabriel’s this summer during the week of June 26-30. The day program is for school aged children entering grades 1st-6th from 9 am - 3 pm in the school. There is also an evening program for those entering 7th-12th grade at 7:30 pm in the Gabriel House.
For those who are unfamiliar with Totus Tuus, it is initially a Catholic version of a VBS led by missionary and seminarians from across Missouri. Totus Tuus includes Confessions, Mass, and Adoration as well as learning about the Catholic faith!
This is also an opportunity for high school students to volunteer who are in need of completing service hours.
Please stay tuned for further information and registration! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Faith Kremer at email@example.com
🍕 8th Grade Pizza Fundraiser! 🍕
The 8th Grade Class of 2023 is selling delicious, frozen, St. Louis Style, 12" pizzas from St. Louis City Pizza, AND an 8th grader will deliver to your door!
* 11 kinds of pizza to choose from!
* Orders must be placed by Wednesday, March 8th.
* Deliveries should be made the week of March 20th.
* For more information and to order use the link or QR Code.
Thank you for supporting the 8th Grade Class of 2023!
Click Here for Pizza Order Link
Monday and Friday Recess Duty - Wednesday Added!
We have added Wednesday to the list of opportunities to volunteer for recess duty.
In doing so, you will provide opportunities for teachers to take a much needed break. Each session will start with picking up the kids in the cafeteria at 10:50 and will conclude at 12:35. Thank you for donating your time to help our fabulous teachers and staff! There will be 2 teachers and 2 volunteers at each recess.
Protecting God's Children and Safe Environment Training must be complete.
Feel free to bring activities to mix up the fun for the kids:)
School Community: Recess Duty (signupgenius.com)
Contact Mrs. Roell if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seventh Grade Helps at Southside
Presidential Service Award
Thanks to all the first grade parents and relatives that joined us for Mass on Tuesday to celebrate our first grade Baptism Mass. We are grateful for your presence!
Our seventh grade class continues their service project to a community partner, Southside Early Childhood Center. Southside's motto is:
"Early childhood education can be the difference between being left behind and leading the way. At SouthSide, we’ve been helping kids become unstoppable for over 130 years."
2/22 5P Ash Wednesday
3/23 Patrick House
Come pray with us. Please join us whenever you are able! Masses are at 8:00 am in church.
Sacrament Days for 2022-2023 School Year:
Confirmation Retreat Day- April 18th
Confirmation-April 20, 2023 at 7:00 pm
First Communion Parent Meeting- March 30 at 6:30 pm in church
First Communion-May 7, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Peace and blessings!
Coordinator of Religious Education
- Share this link with your V.I.P.s so they can join our Giving Crew: https://forms.gle/qqBoU1vXv5GGfxku8
- Visit https://one.bidpal.net/nauticalnights23 to see how you can support the 2023 Auction and follow all the action!
Year at a Glance for 2022-2023
Dates below are subject to change and additional days will be added as we continue to plan for the upcoming year.
February 10- End of 2nd Trimester
February 16 - Mid-Year Conferences - NOON DISMISSAL
February 17- Planning and Collaboration changed to Mid-Year Conferences - NOON DISMISSAL
February 20- Presidents' Day- NO SCHOOL
February 25 - Follies
February 26- Archdiocesan Band Festival (Concert Band)
March 10- Planning and Collaboration- NOON DISMISSAL
March 13-17- Spring break- NO SCHOOL
March 25- Auction
March 30 - First Communion Parent Meeting, 6:30 pm, Church
April 6- Holy Thursday- NO SCHOOL
April 7- Good Friday- NO SCHOOL
April 10- Easter Monday- NO SCHOOL
April 18- 8th Grade Confirmation Day of Reflection
April 20- Confirmation 7pm at SGA
April 21 - 8th Grade Off School Due to Confirmation
April 21- Planning and Collaboration- NOON DISMISSAL
May 7, First Communion, 2:00 pm, Church
May 9- Vocal concert (Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd grades, and Honor Choir)
May 10- Band concert
May 12- Field Day- NOON DISMISSAL
May 23- 8th Grade Graduation (6:00pm)
May 26- Last day of school- NOON DISMISSAL
St. Gabriel Youth Group (SGYG)
SGYG is open to all high school teens. We meet on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9pm (Doors Open at 7:15pm) in the Gabriel House Chapel. No sign-up necessary! High schoolers can attend on a regular basis or drop-in as it fits their schedule!
DON'T MISS IT!
*The next 8th Grade Monday Morning Manna is February 13th!
*Steubenville Registration CLOSES on Monday, February 13th!
SAVE THE DATE!
SGYG & 8th Grade led Stations of the Cross: April 5th
LUKE 18 | 8th Grade Retreat: May 5th - 7th
*Registration is OPEN! - Use link/QR Code or visit the parish website.
Steubenville STL Mid-America 2023: July 7th - 9th
*Registration is OPEN! - Use the link/QR Code or visit the parish website.
*Current 8th graders through high school seniors can attend!
Stay Connected with SGYG
Follow us on Instagram @stgabesyg
Like our Facebook Group: St. Gabriel Youth Group (SGYG)
Join the Flocknote Group: Youth Ministry
Visit the Youth Group page on the parish website
Contact our Youth Minister: Sarah Henderson - email@example.com
St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish
6303 Nottingham Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63109
(314) 353-6303 x122
* I am in the office M-T-W-TH *