US Constitution Bradley Blankenship
What branch Article 1 deals with.
It deals with the legislative branch.
Qualifications of job expectations to be a congressman and senator.
Senators must be at least 30 years old, and they must have been citizens of the United States for more than 9 years. Congressmen must be at least 25 years old, and they must have been citizens of the United States for more than 7 years. Also, they have to be residents of the state they represent.
Meeting times of Congress.
First Monday of December.
Powers granted to Congress.
- Passing ex post facto laws, which outlaw acts after they have already been committed.
- Pass bills of attainder, which punish individuals outside of the court system.
- Cancel the writ of habeas corpus, a court order requiring the federal government to charge individuals arrested for crimes.
Rules of Congress.
- They can punish its members for bad behavior.
- They can expel a member by a two-thirds vote.
- The quorum must be 218 of the 435 of the house members.
- Neither house may adjourn for more than three days.
How a bill becomes a law.
All of the Branches have to agree with the law.