Coledale PS Kitchen Garden Project
as part of our Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program
Follow our project as we design our kitchen garden plans!
Looking for volunteers for different areas of the project:
- people to source building materials eg salvaged and reclaimed windows, stacker doors.
- team to scout Gum Tree and classifieds for building materials
- look for tables and chairs from perhaps ex-hire places
- connect with businesses who may be able to donate whitegoods, ovens, cooktops, dishwasher, kitchen equipment, aprons, teatowels, hot water system, paint
- volunteers to build benches and tables eg Men's Shed or retired carpenters or cabinet makers.
- TAFE students eg. to build brick peers.
- volunteer or retired plumber, electrician, plasterer, flooring, tiler, concreter
- stock donated to dry stores from local sponsor supermarket
- parent/ volunteer artist to design our kitchen garden logo for the project
- organise a wishing tree for donations
Margie, our design guru, has drawn plans to give a phased approach to the build, after looking at a few school kitchen designs. We are looking at a new build plan of an indoor kitchen, with later phases of an added eating and learning area, and lastly outdoor decks.
Kitchen Garden Committee
Lynn - P&C President
Andy- Project Manager Construction
Bec- Kitchen Garden Coordinator
Annie- Kitchen Garden Assistant
Jo- Garden Assistant