- Students and workers who start at a disadvantage get a boost to succeed
- Affirmative action creates diversity
- Special preference is given to minorities to make up for years of discrimination
- Affirmative action is needed to break stereotypes
- It may be demeaning to say that they need affirmative action to succeed.
- a society cannotbe truly color-blind until they stop making bad decisions based on race.
- Affirmative action may create reverse discrimination.
- Because affirmative action, a minority may beat out someone more capable for a job or school simply because of race and color
Pros and cons
- More female involvement
- Before they would never experience athletics.
- Creates opportunity to expand women athletics.
- Using males as practice players and counting them as females.
- Same athlete could be counted up to three times.
- Schools fight to have most female athletes