The Viking Voice
Bayou View Middle School
November 18 - November 22, 2019
Monday, November 18
- Basketball vs Hancock (4:30pm)
- Blue Soccer @ Bay Middle (5:30pm)
- Orange Soccer vs Ocean Springs (5:30pm)
- Math Team (3:25pm)
Tuesday, November 19
- District Common Assessments (Math)
Wednesday, November 20
- District Common Assessments (ELA)
- Art Club in Room 207 (3:15 - 5:30pm)
Thursday, November 21
- FCA (7:00am)
- P2P - 8th Grade (10:30am)
- Basketball @ North Gulfport (4:30pm)
- Orange Soccer @ D'Iberville (5:30pm)
- Blue Soccer vs Stone Middle (5:30pm)
Friday, November 22
- District Common Assessments (Science & Social Studies)
The Biggest Turkey
NJHS is still collecting food for Feed My Sheep. Each non-perishable food item brought in will equal one turkey feather to be put towards a chosen teacher. Each grade level teacher with the most feathers will be pied in the face! It looks like Dr. Greb may even be cleaning pie from his beard if students keep having feathers put on his turkey.
- Students are not to be dropped off at the main entrance prior to 7:30 a.m., as there is no adult supervision in that area until that time.
- "Friends of BVMS" are still working hard to reward positive behavior from our students with a monthly raffle. Please drop off gift cards (i.e., iTunes, Amazon, Walmart, Target) to the main office. The more gift cards we collect, the more students we can recognize and reward monthly for positive behavior.
- Change of transportation calls/messages must be received in the office by 1:00 p.m. in order to guarantee delivery to the students. Requests received after 2:00 may not be delivered due to the increased phone and foot traffic in the front office at that time.
- Based on USDA guidelines, the delivery of outside food is not allowed in the Gulfport School District. Students may bring their lunch on a daily basis, but their lunch may not be delivered during lunch periods. This includes parents bringing lunch to eat with their children.
- Parents using the 8th grade car rider line in the afternoons need to enter from the west to allow buses access to the bus lot. Traffic will flow much more smoothly and parents will be able to pick up their children much faster.
We welcome any news or information you or your organization would like shared with parents, students, and other members of the BVMS community via the Viking Voice. Please provide news, events, pictures, and flyers to Mr. Broussard by close of business on Thursdays to have it included in the following week's Viking Voice. You can reach him at email@example.com. Thank you.