News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - January 15, 2021
Friday, January 15th: Warwick's Winter Reading Challenge Kickoff (more information below)
Monday, January 18th: CBSD Closed; Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Tuesday, February 9th: Picture day at Warwick for all traditional students
Thursday, February 11th: Picture day at Warwick for virtual students (more information below)
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
Today is the start of Warwick’s Winter Reading Challenge- Cozy Up With a Good Book. The details are as follows:
- Today students will create their own “mugs” of hot chocolate using their favorite book.
Now for the schoolwide reading challenge …
We are going to be challenging students to spend time reading every night. This could be for 10 minutes or 60 minutes. No matter the amount of time, we want to encourage reading every day.
To do this:
- We will be providing students with their own reading calendars where they can record their daily reading. All the kids have to do is have a grown-up sign their name each night the student reads.
- Students will be asked to return their calendars to school on Fridays.
- For every night students read, classes will earn “marshmallows.” The marshmallows will be added to their class’ “hot chocolate mug”.
- Students will have from January 15th through February 12th to read and earn marshmallows.
- Please send any pictures of students reading at home during our reading challenge to be included in our school yearbook to the following e-mail address email@example.com
As a culmination to our challenge on February 12th, we are asking everyone to wear their pajamas once again and bring in another book to read at school. Your child can even bring in a flashlight to do flashlight reading!
Now the best part…
Since this is a challenge, the class that earns the most marshmallows will win an outdoor hot chocolate party! We will hold this party on Friday, February 19th.
Thank you in advance for your support with this reading challenge!! We are really excited to get cozy and read this Winter!!
Each night of the reading challenge, please check our Warwick website for a special guest read aloud video - click here for our first video! The videos will also be posted on our school website. Click here!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Sixth Grade Social Studies Project
Picture Day Information and Yearbook Picture Request
Warwick's picture day will be Tuesday, February 9th at Warwick for all traditional students and Thursday, February 11th at Warwick for any virtual families. Students should have brought picture day information and pricing home this week.
Students and staff will follow all health and safety protocols during picture day.
Virtual class schedule:
Thursday, February 11, 2021
9:10 - 9:30 - Mrs. Parks AM class - Kindergarten
9:30 - 10:00 - Mrs. Dougherty - 1st Grade
10:00 - 10:30- Mrs. Unsihuay - 2nd Grade
11:00 - 11:30 - Mrs. Lee - 3rd Grade
11:30 - 12:00 - Ms. Zeleznik - 6th Grade
12:00 - 12:30 - Mr. Heine - 5th Grade
12:30 - 1:00 - Mrs. Cohen and Mrs. Leonard - 4th Grade
Friendly reminder: Please send any pictures of students working remotely to be included in our school yearbook to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org!
Virtual families can also schedule appointments for photos through C & C Photos at 215-345-1851 or email email@example.com.
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 10 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.