Wrangler Wrap Up
A Weekly Glimpse into Wally Watkins Elementary
December 15th- 20th
An important note from Nurse Beebe...
As we progress further into influenza season Collin County Health Care Services would like to share a few reminders for stopping the spread of influenza. Influenza viruses can cause mild to severe illness. In some populations such as the elderly, young children, and individuals with certain health conditions serious flu complications can result.
Follow these steps to protect yourself and your family:
- Make sure you and your family members get the flu shot each year. Everyone 6 months and older is recommended to get the flu vaccine with rare exception.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs can easily enter the body this way.
- If you or a family member starts feeling sick please stay home and urge others to do the same.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces at home, work, and school, especially if someone is ill.
- Practice other good health habits such as being physically active, drinking plenty of fluids, getting plenty of rest, and eating nutritious foods.
If you want more information on influenza please visit these helpful sites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm
Texas Department of State Health Services: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/idcu/disease/influenza/
Information obtained from:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2014). Influenza (Flu). Retrieved on December 8, 2014 from:
Parties, Polar Express, and Early Release!
We hope you all have a WONDERFUL break and a safe, relaxing holiday season!
A note from Mrs. Roberts, our counselor
Our Wylie Way Ambassadors would like to announce:
Watkins’ Students, Families, and Staff are the epitome of Caring and Giving.
We collected 441 pairs of socks, 162 pairs of undies, 59 sets of pajamas, 24 sports balls, and 84 board games to benefit needy families through Fostering Hope. Your generosity will brighten many lives this Christmas. I am so blessed to work in such a wonderful place.
Important Dates December 15th-19th
Dec. 16- 1st grade program
Dec. 18- 4th grade trip to Austin
Dec. 19th- Christmas parties, Polar Express Day, & Early Release