Welcome to September and a new year of fun and adventures in ACE! Now that Springboro Schools and Bright Beginnings are both in session, our regular routine has been taking shape. Our goal is to provide a safe, fun, and loving learning environment for your child/children during his/her off school hours, while encouraging cooperation, enrichment and respect among all children. We hope your child will enjoy his/her time at ACE with his/her friends here, and are looking forward to a positive year ahead!
Fruit of the Spirit: self-control
Bible Verse: “God said "I know you by name." (Exodus 33:17)
2nd - Labor day - No School and No A.C.E or Kindergarten Exploration
18th - Early Release from Springboro Schools
Dress to Play!
Snack Menu for the month
- Tuesday - Cherry & berry smoothies
- Wednesday - Applesauce oat bars with grapes
- Thursday - Veggie nuggets with cheese cubes
- Friday - Spaghetti and meatballs
- Monday - Chicken noodle soup with carrots and ranch
- Tuesday - Energy Bites with strawberries
- Wednesday - Zucchini pizza bites
- Thursday - Roasted Parmesan green beans with ream noodles
- Friday (Canada Day) - Canadian cheese soup with croutons
September 16th - 20th
- Monday - BBQ chicken quesadillas with celery and carrots
- Tuesday (Apple Dumplin' Day) - Apple Dumplings with smoothies
- Wednesday - Breakfast burritos
- Thursday - Salad
- Friday (American invention) - Slider cheeseburgers and french fries
September 26 - 30th
- Monday - Parfaits and popcorn
- Tuesday (Chocolate milk day) - Pumpkin cookies & chocolate milk
- Wednesday - Cowboy caviar with tortilla chips
- Thursday - Pizza soup with garlic bread
- Friday (Mexico) - Enchiladas and salsa
- My kids are driving me crazy!
- I yell at my kids all the time!
- I’ve tried everything and nothing works!
- I can’t say anything to my kids without it turning into a battle!
Does this sound like you? You are not alone. Parenting is hard.
Help is on the way! Join us for dinner and a 2 hour workshop that will change the way you view children. Dr. Jenni Jacobs will present The Psychology Behind Behavior on September 25th from 6:30 – 8:30.
This training is a must-have for all teachers and parents of young children. This unique workshop blends the worlds of psychology and early childhood to help you understand why children (and adults) behave the way they do. We’ll take a deep dive into behavior and look at how the brain influences behavior and the typical reasons why children misbehave. You will walk away with a better understanding of why the children are doing what they are doing, insights into your own reactions, and strategies to help.
The most requested trainer in the greater Cincinnati area, Dr. Jenni Jacobs is the founder and CEO of The Learning Professor where she develops high-quality courses in early childhood education. As a former professor, classroom teacher, and parent she brings over 28 years of experience in working with children.
There’s no instruction manual available for teaching and parenting children, and it is Jenni’s passion to make this job easier and to help parents and teachers feel less stressed and more successful. Her approach is energetic and compassionate, but she’s not afraid to tell it how it is.
Here's what others have said:
- “This class changed how I view children. I wish I would have had this information when my children were younger! Every parent should take this class!”
- “Thank you for this course! It has really helped me understand my students as well as my own children. It also gave me coping skills for myself to try and remain calm.”
The cost of this special event is $15 per family. This includes dinner, childcare, and the workshop. Dinner will be from 6:00 - 6:30 p.m., with the workshop following from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.Please register using the link below. If you require childcare, please give your child's name and age in the sign up. Feel free to invite friends and family members, you do not want to miss this event!
Mission for September - Patriot Day
For Patriot day, we are challenging everyone to participate in one random act of kindness. This can be something your family decides together, or you could bring in something for the Springboro Community Assistance Center's backpack program. At this time, they are in need of: individually packaged goldfish, granola bars, fruit snacks, etc. that will be made into week-end goody bags. :)
Your kiddo can also dress in red, white, and blue to show their pride for our country if they would like to!
About the backpack program:
Each day many children go home to houses with no food. Many times the only food they have is the food that they get at school. S.C.A.C. (Springboro Community Assistance Center) works with area groups to help send back packs full of food home with these children on Fridays for the week-end.