News from the View!
Dedicated to furthering the lives of our students.
Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
I hope that your summer was relaxing and filled with fun, family and relaxation because you deserve it! The opportunity to refuel over the summer is a necessary component of the important work that you do. I hope you are re-energized for the coming year ahead. Our school community will need this energy as we work to advance the district's priority work, and ensure equitable outcomes for the students we serve.
Each year brings positive change, which includes a few additions to our staff. I am delighted to welcome the individuals listed below to the North View Middle School community.
Our construction team has done an amazing job tearing down ceilings, rewiring the building, retiling the second floor, and refinishing the girls and boys locker room. Next, our custodial staff will be busy getting classrooms reorganized, and the hallways polished. I am cautiously optimistic that the building will be ready for staff by August 19th. Further communication will be sent out to all staff when we get the clearance to allow you in.
North View Middle School Open House
Thursday, Aug. 29th, 4-7pm
5869 69th Ave N Brooklyn Park MN 55429
Throwback Thursday Photos
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.