By: Karan Hora
- They will test building materials.
- They also estimate costs for building public and private structures.
- They also have to submit to local, state, and federal agencies, verifying that projects meet with various rules
- You have to pass the Professional Engineering Test
- They need to be very good at math
- They have to be able to manage a group of people while staying cool under pressure.
You need to have at least a Bachelor's Degree. You would also need at least 4 years of experience. You also need to have passed the Professional Engineer test.
The median wage is $82,220. They also earn $39.53 per hour.
Projected Job Openings
It is expected to grow by 8% by 2024. The reason why is because so many buildings are created by Civil Engineers because of the growing population needing shelter and work areas.