Lane Intermediate Community Message
February 9, 2018 Patriot Pride @LaneWAWM
PBIS Incentive Field Trip to cheer on the Marquette Ladies Basketball Team!
Please complete below Lane's Mid-Year Feedback Survey!
The Lane Building Leadership Team is asking our families to please provide us with feedback around something that is working well and/or a positive experience AND an opportunity for us to improve before the end of this current school year.
Happenings at Lane!
February 16 -- PBIS Marquette Basketball Field Trip
February 21 -- Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:30-8:00
February 21 -- Emotional Wellness Parent Session 6:00-7:30
March 2 -- PTA March Madness Dance 6:00-8:00
March 9 -- Yearbook Order Forms due....no late orders can be accepted
March 20 -- LPP Meeting 7:00-8:30
May 15 -- LPP Meeting 7:00-8:30
May 17 -- Choir Concert
May 18 -- Lane Global Citizen Festival
May 23 -- Band and Orchestra Concert
June 5 -- 8th Grade Completion Ceremony 6:30-8:00
Pay by credit card at www.schoolpics.org
Click on the ORDER YEARBOOKS button
Enter school code: 100338YB
2018-2019 Course Selection Worksheets
Lane Intermediate is in need of 2018-2019 parents to take on leadership opportunities within PTA. Our current PTA leadership will be turning over as all terms will have been completed. If you would like more information please contact the Lane Intermediate office or Lane PTA @ email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting Lane Intermediate!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Please join us Wednesday, February 21st from 4:30-8:00 pm for Parent/Teacher Conferences. No appointments will be scheduled. Feel free to meet with teachers of your choosing. All conferences will last no longer than 7-10 minutes to respect the time of all students and parents waiting.
- Lane Global will be in the Lane Lab
- 6th Grade and Specialist will be in the Main Gym
- 7th and 8th Grade will be in the Aux Gym
Emotional Wellness Parent Session
February 21st 6:00-7:30 Lane Cafe
ACHIEVING EMOTIONAL WELLNESS:
Supporting Our Youth - Through Crisis to Resiliency
JOIN US to learn how to walk with youth through times of emotional crisis, including suicidal behavior, to a place of resiliency.
Speakers from these area organizations:
Prevent Suicide Greater Milwaukee
Mental Health America of WI
City of West Allis Focus Groups
The City of West Allis is embarking on a "strategic rebranding" process.
They are organizing 4 – 5 focus groups with 5 – 7 members in each group to help learn more about perceptions and ideas for a vision for the City.
The focus groups need to be diverse and can include anyone aged 18 or over. Participants can be residents, parents, business owners, etc.
Participants will be asked to attend a 2-hour focus group meeting that will be held during the month of February with consultants from their rebranding company, Savage Solutions.
Participants can have positive or negative opinions about the City -- they just need to be willing to share their thoughts.
If you or someone you know would like to join a focus group, contact Jenny Kosek, Communications Specialist for the City of West Allisjkosek@westalliswi.gov
Skyward Family Access
Skyward Family Access Goes Live!
Skyward Family Access (similar to Parent Portal on Infinite Campus) is now available to parents with students in the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District. It enables you to make payments, update telephone numbers and email addresses, view student schedules and attendance, and check on student grades using any personal device! This important tool will help you monitor your child's progress in school and allow for increased communication with teachers.
While most records for Skyward Family Access are maintained by the District office (e.g., address changes can only be made at the WAWM Enrollment Center) there are some records that parents can maintain to ensure accuracy. We are asking parents to review and/or revise their home, cell, and work telephone numbers and email addresses. In addition, parents will be able to make food service and fee payments online.
Each parent/guardian active in Skyward has been sent a letter with personalized login and password information.
How do parents connect to Skyward Family Access?
Go to www.wawm.k12.wi.us
Click on the Quick Link: SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS
Enter the login: <<XXXX>>
Enter the password: <<XXXX>>
Users will be prompted to change their password.
Which devices can parents use to connect to Skyward Family Access?
Skyward Family Access works with any laptop, ipad, or personal device. On an Android (google play store) and the Iphone (App Store); search for the SKYWARD application and download the free Skyward App to any personal device.
What help is being provided to parents using Skyward Family Access?
Parents can go to https://www.skyward.com/parents-and-students/family-access-toolkit/parents for a complete menu of online tutorials or click “Tutorials” on the Skyward Family Access quicklink.
Parents should call their School Main Office with questions regarding logins and passwords. Secretaries have been trained on how to reset accounts.
Parents can visit the WAWM Administration Building for individual assistance with logins and passwords.
Clubs and Sports at Lane Intermediate
Times and dates for the following will be shared through the community message as well as by the staff leading the opportunities.
- Cross Country - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Boy's Basketball - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Girl's Basketball - Season in progress
- Wrestling - Starting mid-January
- Chess/Game Club - Wednesdays 3:00-4:15
- Student Council - In Progress
- School of Rock - Wednesdays 3:00 to 4:30
- Tech Club - Tuesdays 3:00-4:00
- Robotics Club - Coming Soon - Tuesdays 3:00-4:00
- Hallway Beautification Club
- Yearbook Club
- Math Club/Mathlete - In Progress...please see Mr. Kloiber
- Media Club - Thursdays 3:00-4:00
- Art Studio Club - Wednesdays 3:00-4:00
- Science Club - Tuesday and Thursdays 3:15-4:15
- FBLA - Wednesdays 3:00-4:00 (registration required....please see Mr. Napoli
- Lane Star Store - Meets 1 to 2 times per month during base group.
Students learn how to purchase, advertise, and sell items at our Lane Bookstore. Funky pens, erasers, notebooks, fidget toys, bouncy balls, scented markers, and more are sold during all three lunch hours on Wednesdays. Students run the store and check out student purchases on Wednesdays.
Lane Start Store Mission: Putting smiles on faces and donating profits to charities.
- SkillsUSA - SkillsUSA is a professional organization that encourages students development of personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics. Being a part of SkillsUSA will allow students the opportunity to get involved in the community and be connected with professionals in their field of interest. This is new to Lane this year and our middle school students, yet is established at the high school level. Anyone is welcome to join and some will be asked due to teacher recommendations. limit 10 students and it is run by Mrs. Ustruck. See her for details.
- Others to be announced.....